Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Its Gona Coast How Much

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 08:49 PM
mtnmnstr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its Gona Coast How Much

I have a 6XAS with a broken flap pot. I called Futaba repair guys to replace the pot. $189.99 PARTS ONLY ! ! ! ! !.. I like my Futaba radios...But if this is my support...HiTec is just 15 minutes away. Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks

I would like to thank everyone who offerd suggestions to my problem. I talked to Mr. Baxter @ Futaba Support and he fixed my problem. Thank you all

Happy Customer
Gene
Old 02-26-2003, 09:58 PM
rm
My Feedback: (27)

Try Radio South and see what Tony says.

http://www.radiosouthrc.com/
Old 02-26-2003, 10:15 PM
redbluffwingnut
My Feedback: (2)

call (775) 851-4362 talk to or leave a message for steve ewolin he repairs raidos and rec.s very inexpenive and he is very good , he is in reno nv myself and lots of members in my club use him all the time
Old 02-26-2003, 11:31 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you are a victim of SMT. (Surface Mount Technology) Instead of replacing a single component (pot) the entire circuit board is being replaced. At times, due to the type or how the component is soldered to the board, it can be impossible to replace a single component. Also, technicians are now being trained to replace an entire board instead of replacing the component. Some of the guys trained this way could not trouble shoot their way out of a paper bag!!! I would call a qualified technician such as Radio South. If the component can be replaced----they can do it!!!

Kevin
Old 02-27-2003, 12:15 AM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Something don't smell right. Are you sure they quoted you correctly? Was anything else in the repair estimate? I sent my ZAP in a few months ago and had the radio tuned, antenna replaced, LCD bezel replaced and part of one gimble replaced... total bill including parts, labor and shipping was under $70... and that was on a ZAP.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:32 AM
Lynx

The most a pot could possibly cost is a few bucks. You're definitly getting a raw deal. Labor could cost a few bucks but not much more than what MonkeyBoy paid.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:36 AM
dragoonpvw
My Feedback: (7)

That doesn't sound right at all, I dropped my 8u and sent it in for repair. New case front and back, new antenna plus mount and connector, two switches and some other stuff that I didn't even know what it was. They returned it with all the damaged parts for about 80 bucks.
good Luck
Paul
Old 02-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If only a flap pot is bad, total repair cost should not be over $30.00-$40.00 if we have to spend a lot of time for the labor. The pot itself would only be a few bucks.

Perhaps whoever gave you the information wasn't clear about the difficulty. If a repair on a 6XAS transmitter is that close to $200.00, it would be less expensive to offer a price on a new transmitter.

Something's not right in that price quote. You may wish to call again, or just send the transmitter for an estimate. If it's that bad, there's more wrong than just a flap pot.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:49 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Futaba has always been great for me. I am curious as to how they ended up taking care of it. You said it is taken care of in your edit. I just sent them a reciever I screwed up and had it back in a week and they charged me $15. They have always been very fair. Can't see them doing that. How did they fix it for you? I am guessing you got someone who didn't understand the problem.