Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Fromeco Badger switch + MPI regulator?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 04:25 AM
RVM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fromeco Badger switch + MPI regulator?

I'm going to be buying a Fromeco Pinflag Badger Switch to replace my MPI Miracle Switch. I am not unhappy with the MPI, I am just forgetful and have forgotten to turn the plane off a couple of times, destroying a couple of LiIon packs in the process. I figure the added visibility of the pinflag will be useful.

Anyway, I'd like to keep the 6v regulator that came with the MPI switch. Is it possible to add connectors to the MPI regulator and simply plug it into the Badger instead of buying a new Fromeco regulator? Would I still be able to charge and accurately check voltage via the chargejack on the Badger like I can with the MPI?

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2007, 09:45 AM
aviti
My Feedback: (54)

Default RE: Fromeco Badger switch + MPI regulator?

My advice and of course it just an opinion...buy the Fromeco regulator also. Nothing against MPI but the Fromeco is bulletproof and this is an area you don't want to chance, especially if you are just running one regulator.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:01 PM
RVM

Hmm, one of those times where it's better to spend the $40 up front so I don't have to lose $1200 later eh?

I may just do that if I can find room in my budget.

ORIGINAL: aviti

My advice and of course it just an opinion...buy the Fromeco regulator also. Nothing against MPI but the Fromeco is bulletproof and this is an area you don't want to chance, especially if you are just running one regulator.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

10amps Vs 3amp...get the Fromeco you going to be happier in the end
Old 05-24-2007, 05:37 PM
RVM

Yeah I am.

This is what I'm getting:

Fromeco 2600, with Dean's Plugs, going to the Badger Switch, with Dean's, going to the Fromeco Regulator, with Dean's inputs and regular JR to the receiver. From what I have read, this won't drain the battery when turned off, this will allow voltage checking through the charge jack and charging through the jack.

Does all this sound good?