Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

single RX and two antennas ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 06:17 AM
fdo300
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default single RX and two antennas ???

Hi

Maybe this is a very stupid question but I just want to see what you guys have to say.

I'm building a 35% extra 330s and is time to setup the antenna wire, is a balsa fuselage so no problem with setting the antenna inside the fuselage, right ??.
before do that I decided to search on RCU to see I if find more information about antennas setup, of course there are several thread about this issue and help me a lot, BUT then I remember I read somewhere about radio signal lost due because the airplane position when it very far from pilot Tx, I mean, imagine you setup the antenna inside and on the top of the fuselage and you make a slow roll very far from you, there will be a moment that the antenna is going to be "hidden" from your Tx signal and you can suffer a little signal lost. I don't think this is a common problem but I start thinking how to fix this problem.

Can I solder a second antenna to the Rx, so I can put one antenna on the top and the other on the bottom of the fuselage ??? in that way you are sure you have a 360° clear signal reception.

I'm using a Futaba 148 PCM Rx

Thanks

Fernando Viollier
Old 03-03-2003, 07:28 AM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DOS ANTENAS!

No! - adding another antenna to a recevier will seriously detune it and you will lose range. An single internal antenna in the average airplane works well unless you have a lot of carbon fiber (conductive) or some sort of metallic covering.
You might get momentary loss of signal in a large airplane with long servo extensions. In that case, a vertical antenna will help - add a 15 to 18 inch piano wire sticking straight up, and cut off the same length from the orignal antenna. Solder, of course!
Do you know Rodrigo and Loreto?? Me les das saludos! Eloy