Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR Crystal Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 05:41 PM
nacho
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Crystal Questions

I recently ordered two new JR Crystals from Don's Hobbies in Kansas. I paid full retail and got two loose crystals, not in the package like you get from Horizon or the Hobby Store. What bothered me, beside the fact that they didn't tell me I was getting loose crystals was that they are both different. One has the frequency number on it, the other just has an Rx and the actual 72.xxx number on it. Also, the each have a set of three circles. On one, the first circle is filled in. On the other the last circle is filled in? I called them Don's Hobby and they tell me they are new crystals but I've had JR Radios for a couple of years now and they have all had the newer style receiver crystals with the channel number on it. I think one of the crystals is a much older. I'm not happy with them charging full retail plus shipping and sending lose items but more importantly, does anyone know if the older crystals work fine with the newer JR 652 and the JR 783, or are there two types of JR Crystals? Don's charges a 20% return fee and If they are fine, I don't want to waste more time, I just don't want to put the wrong crystal and have some sort of problem on a $800 plane.

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2002, 08:37 PM
iflyrc24
My Feedback: (5)

nacho
It sounds as if you have an older RX crystal that doesn't have the channel number on it. As long as it is the single conversion type (gray holder) it will work fine. The three dots are tolerance marks. If the dot is on the left it is slightly left of center if it is on the right it is slightly right of center. I have mixed left and right dots before without a problem.

DEG
Old 02-23-2002, 11:00 PM
nacho
My Feedback: (11)

Thank you for the answering the questions. I'll try them out.

Nacho