Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics Stylus Flap and Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 07:42 PM
radeluca
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics Stylus Flap and Spoiler

Hi, I hope someone can help me, but I have an airtronics stylus, I like it alot, but the flap system is driving me nuts. I want to know if I can set up the flaps on a 3 position switch, without having to use flap 1 with the slider, and flap 2 as a pre set mix. I wanted to have the flaps on a 3 position switch, and the spoiler to be conteolled by the one of the sliders, or knobs. Now I only have the transmitter, no acro card, or any other card for that matter. Is it possible to do what I want to do with or without one of the feature cards? I could really use some help, thanks
-Rocco
Old 03-16-2003, 12:42 AM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Stylus Flaps

Well, you're not alone. Stylus flap/spoiler programing is a disaster area.

Jack Albrecht from Airtronics has posted some programming techniques in the Yahoo Airtronics Users Group. I was going to cut and paste somethng from there but all the examples include some sort of additional compensation or use spoilers/ailerons. So I didn't like either the method or the inclusions. Always takes me hours to program the flap function.

I have an Aero card in mine so this may or may not work for you:

EPA set FL-L to 100% (probably have to have the slider at the end for this, you can set FL-L or FL-H but not both its seems, same for spoiler if the sliders are turned off)
FLAP set FLAP2> 100% FLAP-TRIM> 0%
VR set FLAP> 0 (do this after you set EPA)
SW set FL (1 2) FLAP1> 1 (3 pos switch 1, top right)
SW set FL (1 2) FLAP2> 3 (3 pos switch 3, top right)
Pick a C-MIX (I used C-MIX 3) and in SW set C-MIX 3 to 1 (3 pos switch 3, top right). OK so it's the same as FLAP 1, but it works.
C-MIX 3 (or whatever) MAS> GE (yes gear), SLA> FL, put the gear sw to position 1 and set 1> 100%, gear sw to positon 2 and set 2> -100%

Should work..... May have to fiddle with reversing and polaity on the percentages.

In theory, you should be able to use FL 1 & 2 switches to full up and down and center off gives the channel center or flap trim position. Hasn't worked that way for me because I think you lose control of one side of the channel when you turn the slider off. If you don't turn off the slider, everything is OK (I think). Having the slider on annoys me, so I use the gear channel to mix into flaps to give the third position. Flap trim/center gives the half down function at the mid switch position. Also do this to get three positions out of the spoiler channel as well.

If anyone has a better way, I'm all ears. :boxing:
Old 03-16-2003, 12:55 AM
radeluca
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics Stylus Flap and Spoiler

Hi, I want to thank You for your reply, I am going to try it out later tonight. I emailed Airtronics with the same question, but no reply from them yet. It is a shame because I like the stylus, but Airtronics made a big mistake with their flap spoiler system on the Stylus. I hope they can come out with an all in one upgrade card that fixes this problem, and also gives more memory, and possibly, an extra channel. That would seem like the only thing for them to do to fix the stylus. Thanks Again for your help
-Rocco