Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex Royal Evo

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 01:44 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Royal Evo

I bought this transmitter for one reason. The sticks can be rotated off axis up to 15 degrees. Since I fly mode 2 with the transmitter in my hand this helps me from getting unwanted commands. Example: when I use rt aileron I don't get down elevator.
This is the only transmitter you can do this with but it looks like its a real fright to program. I have looked at the tutorial on RC groups and the FAQ's. They are too general. I don't want glider or helicopter. Does anyone have a simple procedure to just set up a power airplane with ailerons and maybe split elevators?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:52 AM
ChuckA

Default RE: Multiplex Royal Evo

I will never go back to the asian method of programming my transmitters. No logic! Asian method is ok if you like letting someone else decide what features you want and are good at remembering which menu you need and which combination of buttons you need to press to get there. Things may have improved since i gave up on Futaba and Hitec back in 2002 but I doubt it. I much prefer to press the servo button to set up servos, the stick button to set control thows, and the mixer button to set up mixers. I can even design my own mixers if one of the built in ones don't do what I want.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:14 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Maybe its great but I just don't have the time to do that right now. I was looking for a template that mabe I could just load in from the internet
Old 10-08-2007, 11:13 AM
rorywquin

The transmitter has built in templates !
Old 10-08-2007, 01:46 PM
tadawson

It took me about 30 minutes with the manual, and then I was able to do a better program for my quad-flap Ultra Stick (with crow and all the bells and whistles) than I was ever able to do on my old JR radio.

What "time to do that?" - read it once, and you will be SAVING time (not to mention frustration, and hair - from not tearing it out any more!!!).

- Tim

ORIGINAL: dirtybird

Maybe its great but I just don't have the time to do that right now. I was looking for a template that mabe I could just load in from the internet