Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Spektrum and JR RF Link Performance Telemetry from Eagle Tree!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum and JR RF Link Performance Telemetry from Eagle Tree!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 01:12 AM
billpa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum and JR RF Link Performance Telemetry from Eagle Tree!

For the first time ever, see and hear how your receiver is performing real time, while you fly! In cooperation with Sprektrum RCâ„¢, Eagle Tree is pleased to announce support for wireless telemetry and logging of all the AR9000â„¢ and JR R921 RF link performance parameters.

No other flight receiver offers the reporting capability of the AR9000â„¢ and JR R921, and only the Eagle Tree telemetry system provides the receiver data to you in real time. Fly with confidence knowing that your radio link is performing optimally!

The system gives you access to the following parameters:

• Receiver Holds – displays a count of the number of Failsafe Holds that have occurred
• Receiver Lost Frames – displays how many frames have been missed during your flight
• Receiver Antenna A, B, Left and Right Fades – displays fade (poor signal) counts of each antenna (up to four). This helps you to determine which of your antennas needs to be repositioned.

With our Seagull Pro Flight System, Seagull Glide Soaring System or Seagull Flight System and the new R921/AR9000 Data Interface cable, any or all of the receiver parameters can be displayed on the Wireless Dashboard Display, and also logged for post-flight analysis.

Just think, while you do your range check, get instant feedback on the LCD display about how your RF link is performing.

And best of all, audible ‘beep’ alarms can be programmed on the Wireless Dashboard display, to alert you in real time when things start to go wrong during flight! For example, you can program the Dashboard to beep slowly when Antenna A has 10 fades, and to beep fast if 3 lost frames occur. You can also set up the system to alert you to the number of errors over a one minute period.

With the programmable beep capability, you keep your eyes on your model, where they should be, knowing that your Receiver is getting a good signal at all times unless alarms sound.

And with our new eLogger V3, the parameters can be displayed after your flight on the PowerPanel LCD Display, and/or logged and downloaded later for post-flight analysis. And of course, the great features of the our Wireless Telemetry and eLogger products are available in addition to the R921/AR9000â„¢ Data Interface. And with a servo Y cable, you can connect your Spektrum Flight Logâ„¢ at the same time as the Eagle Tree system.

See your dealer, [link=http://www.eagletreesystems.com/press/spektrum.pdf]click here[/link] , or email [email protected] for more information!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Guillermo Ibanez
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Spektrum and JR RF Link Performance Telemetry from Eagle Tree!

Hi Bill:

I got your Seagull Wireless Pro Flight System to be installed in my RC Turbine jet that has installed a Futaba FASST Spread Spectrum 2.4 Ghz radio.

I am concern about your transmitter that has an output power of 200 mW and is going to be installed in the model.

Do your 200 mW power transmitter cause any kind of interference in the 2.4 Ghz receiver that is receiving a 100 mW output power from the 2.4 Ghz transmitter that is in the ground many feets away from the flying model?

Regards

Guillermo
[email protected]
Old 05-21-2008, 11:10 PM
billpa

Hi Guillermo,

The Seagull is at 900 MHz, which is no where near the 2.4GHz FASST system. So, there should not be any problem.

Of course, perform a range check before your flights., as described in the manual.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Old 05-22-2008, 12:16 AM
seattle_helo

Bill, that is very cool. Great synergy between you guys and JR/Spektrum!

Have you guys tested this with the new JR R1221 receiver from the 12X system? If not, any reason why it would not work correctly?

nick
Old 05-22-2008, 12:23 AM
billpa

Thanks for the kind words! Yes, will work fine on any JR/Spektrum that has a "FlightLog" data port.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Old 05-22-2008, 12:26 AM
seattle_helo

Awesome. Thanks Bill!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Guillermo Ibanez

Thanks Bill

I will do the range test

Best Regards

Guillermo
Old 05-25-2008, 10:18 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

You have the capability to measure and record the current being drawn from the flight pack. I would like to see a read out of the power left in my flight pack(primary power) with my A123 batteries. You could do this by a calculation of current used times the time elapsed. This could then placed on the downlink as a sort of "gas remaining" reading. It would be helpful as the duration of an electric is heavily dependant on the amount of throttle used. A calibration of the battery pack could be performed to account for the differences in battery packs to make it more accurate.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:32 AM
billpa

Hi Dirtybird,

Thanks for the suggestion. We already display the used mAH, so as long as you know the capacity you can easily know this. We also have implemented the feature to enter your pack's total mAH, and display remaining mAH, which is exactly what you want I believe. This will be released soon.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree