Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HS-81 servo problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 11:38 PM
skimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS-81 servo problem

I recently took out an HS-81 servo of mine to test it out for a new airplane, When I hooked the servo up the the receiver and turned everything on it worked but it moves verrrry slow. I know that my battery is charged up and the receiver is brand new. When I took this servo out of a plane about 6 months ago it worked fine and hasn't been used since then. Does anyone know what could be wrong because I have no idea.
Old 03-29-2003, 02:44 PM
jdlbusterdog

just a thought, is the servo plugged into a channel with dual rate turned on.
Old 03-30-2003, 05:34 AM
skimmer

no, thats not it, I dont even have dual rates on my radio. I have tried it on several different receivers and no change.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:52 PM
jdlbusterdog

With you trying it different receivers and such.It sounds like the servo went on vacation and found a margaritiville existence and doesn't want to return to work.these things happen, Hitec has great support for their product,and can get the salt off of the servo casing and get him back to work. just as another thought is the servo in a plane, the mounting screws might be to tight. check the servo case screws on the bottom loosen them an 1/8th of a turn. I've had servos go (they check out fine friday evening) get to the field they say not today i'm outta here . Hope some of this helps. no doubt more rcuni guys will chime in with their $0.02.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:54 PM
KCFlyBoy
My Feedback: (12)

I would send it back to Hitec it could be something as simple as cleaning the pot. I like the margaritiville analogie jdlbusterdog.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:23 AM
Lynx

With a pot it's probably cheaper to replace it then it is to pay someone to open it clean it and close it.