Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hi-Tec Challenger 4000

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 01:21 PM
barp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi-Tec Challenger 4000

I have an AristoCraft Hi-Tec Challenger 4000 radio receiver set and was wondering if anyone knew where I could possible find a manual for it. Also, I got 2 receivers with it, on on channel 42 and one on channel 46, the transmitter just has channel 46, any ideas where I could still get crystals for this? They look like the kind you used to but at RadioShack and put in the old scanners.

Thanks!
Bruce
Old 03-28-2003, 04:47 PM
heliguy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi-Tec Challenger 4000

Bruce, I'll take a shot at this.

If my memory serves me right, the Challanger 4000 is an old AM wideband unit. If so, then the transmitter is not legal to operate anymore.

The receivers were also wideband and although they are legal to use today, they will suffer from interferance from ajacent channels. The channel above and the channel below their channel will be received by the receiver. The receiver also used the Molex servo plugs which are not plug compatable with any of the current servo's.

The receiver I am refering to is labeled HP-4RN72D 72MHz AM. I believe it would use the standard single conversion HiTec AM crystal.

The unit would have come with 402 servo's which are standard 48 oz/inch. If they are 402X then they are the same with bronze bushings.

As far as a manual is concerned, I do not remember the unit having any user controls except for the channel reverse switches.

Bottom line, in my opinion, is that the unit is not sutable for operation in todays environment.

For what it's worth - Al
http://www.rchelibase.com