Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo test function? Help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 07:20 AM
Paul Cataldo
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo test function? Help.

Guys,
I recently posted a question on servos that have been in a crash, and how they should be tested to see if they still are reliable. Mainly talking of servos that have been ripped from ailerons, etc.
I am using a Futaba 9C, and I'm wondering if the servo test function is used for this diagnosis, or if it JUST tests the servos length of throw?
My servos all appear to be working ok, BUT a couple of them took a good rip, and the servo horns were cracked.
I just want to know what exactly this "servo test function" can be used to do. Thanks fellas.
Old 03-29-2003, 08:41 AM
NV Flyer
My Feedback: (1)

Default Servo test function? Help.

The servo test function of the 9C will only command the servos connected to the receiver to move through their range. There is no feedback to the radio that indicates if they are working properly.
You have to watch the servos to see if they are moving correctly.
Old 04-06-2003, 10:19 PM
C. Spencer

Default Re: Servo test function? Help.

Originally posted by Paul Cataldo
Guys,
I recently posted a question on servos that have been in a crash, and how they should be tested to see if they still are reliable. Mainly talking of servos that have been ripped from ailerons, etc.
I am using a Futaba 9C, and I'm wondering if the servo test function is used for this diagnosis, or if it JUST tests the servos length of throw?
My servos all appear to be working ok, BUT a couple of them took a good rip, and the servo horns were cracked.
I just want to know what exactly this "servo test function" can be used to do. Thanks fellas.
I suggest using a Hitech servo programmer. It will test any servo.