Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

round servo horn

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 12:15 PM
DBono99
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default round servo horn

Hi I'm going to use the round servo horns..Now the 3 holes on side of the horn, which one will give me more travel..

Thanks Dan
Old 11-07-2007, 03:36 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: round servo horn

Out on the arm and in on the control surface gives more travel.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:20 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DBono99 Hi I'm going to use the round servo horns..Now the 3 holes on side of the horn, which one will give me more travel.. Thanks Dan
HS-81 Sevo horn set. The round horn does not, in this instance have a series of three holes radiating out from the center to provide for short or long throws, all holes are equidistant. However, those set at 90 degrees will give equal left & right movement whilst those forward and back of the center will give more one way throw than the other.
Your same question was posted and answered Post 4 and again Post 6
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 11-07-2007, 05:32 PM
DBono99
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Alan I was just trying to see what responses I got in this forum..Maybe next time I'll post my RX/TX questions here..Here is another question is IT possible to have more up then down in the ailerons just using one servo..The plane I'm building now calls for 3/8 up & 1/4 down for the ailerons..The wing servo control horn has the regular 4 arms..
Thanks Dan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80569.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	798973  
Old 11-07-2007, 06:35 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: DBono99 Hi Alan I was just trying to see what responses I got in this forum..Maybe next time I'll post my RX/TX questions here..Here is another question is IT possible to have more up then down in the ailerons just using one servo..The plane I'm building now calls for 3/8 up & 1/4 down for the ailerons..The wing servo control horn has the regular 4 arms.. Thanks Dan
Absolutely no problem to set up differential with a standard servo and a straight cross arm (or star with other arms cut off) or the round horn as supplied with the HS-81. If using holes of the servo disc or a straight servo arm at right angles to servo, simply rake the aileron arms backward if servo is under a high wing model or forwards if servo is mounted on top of a low wing model, as decribed:
Differential Aileron Throw by Clay Ramskill
Differential on servo horn - from RCAS Newsletter, March 1999
Differential - Mechanical set-up - Correct Dutch roll and Drag. - Model Aviation
In need email me via my web page link and I will send a few pictorial jpg's of examples.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 11-07-2007, 09:27 PM
bruce88123

With your low wing plane the servo would be above the wing and the arms should be closer to the trailing edge than the leading edge.