Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9CAP Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 03:24 AM
Bearair
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9CAP Questions

This may be the wrong forum but I figure you folks should have more information than I do. I'm thinking of purchasing a 9CAP on Amateur 06 (have license). What I am looking for are pro's and con's on experience with this radio and freq. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:39 AM
Baroncowboy
My Feedback: (1)

Hello,I'll see if I cant give you some info on the radio since I own a 9CAP myself... Anyhow Im really pleased with mine,and I supose the greatest thing about the radio is the fact that you can asign any of the switch's/sliders/dials to which ever position or nob that suits you best... I fly a Great Planes Fokker Tri-Plan with mine and the radio is really a major over kill since I have only 4 channels in use,but what most radios dont have is curve graphs for every function there is on the thing,so it really helps out with dual rates and the sort... It also has many other functions built into it like a needle valve curve and the sort so if you choose to operate a remote needle valve then its a quite simple task.... And to sum it all up Id say its a hard radio to beat considering the prices I have compared with others verses ease of use and quality....And one other thing that Im happy with is the fact that all of the the 9C series radios are all inter-changeable with Airplanes,helis,and gliders in the parameter mode of the menu in the radio.... I bought the 9CAP model and wished I would have just bought the 9CHP model insted since you can fly airplnes with the Heli model aswell with all the features in the 9CAP...The only difference in the Heli model is the throttle has no ratcheting feel in the stick...I filed the teeth off of the catch in mine so I can fly helis aswell,but to save the trouble I would concider the heli model first since it come with better servos anyhow... Well I hope that helps a little and good luck on you radio search.... JOSH
Old 04-02-2003, 03:20 PM
Bearair
My Feedback: (3)

Default 9CAP Questions

After flying a 7UAFS on channel 06 (have license) for many years, I am thinking of upgrading to a 9CAP. I would like to hear about your experiences with this radio, GOOD OR BAD, before I lay out my cash; as I hate to have buyers remorse. TIA
Old 04-02-2003, 03:59 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No buyers remorse with this radio. It is the best radio I have seen yet, barr none. I ordered one for a friend. I had just bought an 8UHPS a few months earlier. Picked up the 9CHP when it came in, played with it for 5 minutes, picked up the phone and ordered one for me. It is awsome!
Old 04-02-2003, 04:00 PM
kwelz
My Feedback: (6)

I recieved my 9CHF last night. This radio is identical to the CAF except for the ratchet on the throttle.

I will never use any other radio again. EVER!.

It fits my hands perfectly, programming is so easy it will make you sick.

I programmed my Caliber in about 10 minutes. And that is without reading the manual.

Every switch is assignable to pretty much any function. there are two three way switches three knobs, two sliders.
It is almost to much. Almost

I have one and only one complaint about this radio. And that is the fact that you only get the 9th channel if it is in PCM mode.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:12 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every experience i have with this radio thus far has been positive. Some may complain that you can't get 9 channels in FM mode but they don't sell 9 channel FM receivers anyway. The other thing people complain about is the 9th channel is an on/off switched channel. If you know about those two things and can live with them then get this radio. I don't know of many people who have picked up this radio and didn't like it. I certainly love mine.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:54 PM
akflyer
My Feedback: (7)

After spending last season trying to figure out my 8 U I got a 9CAP this year. Love the programming and have SIX flight modes on my plane three on one switch and three on another. I never realized how much I was fighting the plane last year till I got it dialed in with this radio. Most of the competitors at TOC last year who were flying Futaba stated that if they were not getting the 9ZAP for free they would no doubt buy the 9CAP, just for the ease of programming. I have not found a feture yet that I need and the 9 cap does not provide.