Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum Issue, DX6i/7 QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 12:58 AM
RC David

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum Issue, DX6i/7 QUESTION

I have a few questions for the group.

I'm getting a new heli and was planning on using the Spektrum DX6i radio. I've now read numerous old posts about the AR6100 receiver and DX6 or DX7 combination having issues with losing communication and models crashing.

My questions are:

1) Have the issue(s) been resolved and the un-binding/lost signal problems are now fixed or are there still occurances?

2) Are both the DX6 and DX7 affected?

3) Have any new issues surfaced?

4) When does the DX6i hit the streets? I need to decide on the radio system and was planning on using it.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Dave D.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:36 AM
Khatsalano

Default RE: Spektrum Issue, DX6i/7 QUESTION

The problem is with the AR6100, not the DX7. The DX6 does not support DSM2 and therefore could not be used with the AR6100. The latest info can be found on a thread on page 2 regarding the 6100's range. : )

- K
Old 12-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Patto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The DX6i is very different from a DX6. It is closer to being a DX7 than a DX6, for that matter. I know that the Blade 400 comes with the DX6i, and it is supposed to be released on 12/19. I don't know when the DX6i will be released as a stand-alone unit.

The majority of the loss-of-signal crashes were the result of low-voltage/battery issues. The Spektrum receivers take a couple seconds to re-boot, and they need to re-boot if the voltage drops too low, (I think it's 3.5V, but it could be 3.2). If you use a 6V battery, or just make sure that your 4.8V never gets too low, you'll never have a problem. I have three friends who have the DX7, and none have ever experienced any loss-of-signal AT ALL.

The DX7 is a remarkable system, and the "bugs" that some have reported have been anomolies or user-error. It is a very popular system for a reason. The DX6i will likely be very similar but without the 7th channel. I am planning on getting the Blade 400 and then using the Tx for my other helicopter, (T-Rex 600N). The Spektrum radios simply are better for CCPM helis than the Futaba 9C.

-Pat
Old 12-04-2007, 01:05 AM
RC David

Thanks K and Pat.

I've posted a question to the "Range of Spektrum's AR6100 Receiver (don't make the mistake I made)" thread.

I'm building a 300/400 size heli (first collective pitch) and want to go with Spectrum. I'm just not sure which to go with TX and receiver wise.

DX6
DX6i (but it's not available yet and may have problems that keep delaying the Blade 400 heli release)
DX7 (more than I wanted to spend on my first decent heli radio)

Not sure which receiver I should go with either.

Dave
Old 12-04-2007, 01:29 AM
Patto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave,

One thing to think about is that if you buy the DX7, it may be more than you wanted to spend on your first heli radio, but it may also be the last heli radio you buy, (at least for the foreseeable future). It really is a great radio for helis, without a doubt. Especially if you're looking at CCPM set-ups, which are popular right now.

-Pat
Old 12-04-2007, 01:45 AM
RC David

Thanks Pat.

I am leaning toward the DX7 now (wife's NOT going to like it

Now I have to decide on receivers and I'm teetering between the AR6100, 6100e and 6200. The heli is a Honey Bee King II micro so the 10 gram 6200 might be a bit heavy compared to the 6100's

There's also the issue here: <http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=SPM6100> and I don't know how to tell which vendors have the "Programming Change" if any as it said "future production implementation"

Dave