Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Mode 2 Flyers "UNITE"!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 07:22 AM
Mode One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mode 2 Flyers "UNITE"!

Here you go guys! A place for you all to get together and discuss flying R/C airplanes via the most popular method in the United States! Why is Mode 2 better then Mode 1, 3 and 4? Have at'r!! (This was posted, as a method of allowing you guys the proper place to discuss flying Mode 2 as opposed to posting about it in the "Mode 1 Flyers UNITE" thread! Will this work? HECK NO)!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Mode One

Default RE: Mode 2 Flyers "UNITE"!

Oh, that's right, only 2% of you are going to know what Mode you even fly. I'll explain, Mode 2 = Throttle-Rudder on the left stick, and Elevator-ailerons on the right stick! Mode 1 = Oh, Who even cares!
Old 12-28-2007, 12:21 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mode One

Why is Mode 2 better then Mode 1, 3 and 4? Have at'r!!
Because I can fly 99% of the OPP at any flying field if the owner let's me.
Because I can walk into any hobby shop in the country and walk out with a radio that just needs charging to be ready for me to use.
Because Ail and Elev belong on one stick, that's how the Navy taught me to fly and that's how it should be.
Because I can have 100% control of a plane using Ail and Elev while using my left hand to take a drink of soda on those hot summer days, or putting my left hand up to block the sun on those winter evenings when the sun's low, early.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:25 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Mode one, i'm with you all the way!

All the people where i fly have mode 1 and fly "fingers" & trays (Europe)

I fly mode 2, thumbs and all > i need some support, sometimes i feel like the weird one! LOL
Old 12-28-2007, 01:25 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing that matters in the end is how well you fly your airplane. The human brain is fully capable of making the use of whatever control mode we can come with. One stick, 2 sticks, infrared 3D depth control box (not invented yet) who cares.

John
Old 12-29-2007, 08:09 AM
Mode One

ORIGINAL: s3nfo

Because I can fly 99% of the OPP at any flying field if the owner let's me.
I find it interesting how many of you Mode 2 guys do this, yell at someone "Hey, Bob, come over and fly this thing". Your so willing to share your airplanes. This is counter to my way of thinking, which is: I bought, paid for, built and trimmed out this thing, if you think it's neat, build one yourself! I see this much more among ARF fliers then kit, scratch or plan built fliers (there is so few of us around, anyway). It is one of the reasons I like being a Mode One flier, I literally can't share my planes with others, as they can't fly Mode One and therefore they do not even ask to fly them, anymore.

This is something relatively new, as when I started, R/Cers rarely shared flying their pride and joy with others, excepting the beginner and instructor scenario.

Now, before y'all get your "Knickers in a bunch", yes, it's my position; if you want to share, that is fine with me and if you don't (as in my case) that's fine with me, also.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:17 AM
JNorton

There's a couple of guys at my field who can fly my planes. Usually if I have something I think is especially sweet I'll offer and hand them the transmitter. I do the takeoffs and landings though. The only time the offer wasn't accepted was flying my Venus 40. It seems the pink bottom put some of them off.
John
Old 12-31-2007, 06:44 AM
Mode One

Not so chatty, now, huh? I suppose you Mode Two guys don't need to unite, when your really the only game in town.

The ability to walk into a hobby shop, buy a radio, install, charge and use, is certainly appealing and it used to be almost this easy for Mode One guys, also! When I started, to convert a radio to Mode One, all that was needed was taking off the back cover, removing the screws securing the motherboard, switch the springs from the right stick to the left and switch the ratchet to the right stick, re secure the motherboard, and put the back cover on and it was done. If you had a difficult time, the process maybe took 20 minutes! The process was easy enough, it was described in the owners manual and I performed this job on my first three radios (all Kraft radios). Now days, with computer radios and assignable functions, i don't understand why it isn't just as simple as it used to be? Obviously, Mode Two has become so popular here in the U.S., that manufacturers don't feel the need to provide accomodation for Mode One, Three or Four, anymore.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:50 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

When I started, to convert a radio to Mode One, all that was needed was taking off the back cover, removing the screws securing the motherboard, switch the springs from the right stick to the left and switch the ratchet to the right stick, re secure the motherboard, and put the back cover on and it was done. If you had a difficult time, the process maybe took 20 minutes!
In Europe the come Mode 1 ready. I changed my Graupner/JR MX22 to Mode 2 in 15 min.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:39 AM
summerwind

ORIGINAL: s3nfo

Because Ail and Elev belong on one stick, that's how the Navy taught me to fly and that's how it should be.
Because I can have 100% control of a plane using Ail and Elev while using my left hand to take a drink of soda on those hot summer days, or putting my left hand up to block the sun on those winter evenings when the sun's low, early.

funny, we had several KC-135 pilots up here at Castle AFB that couldn't fly Mode 2 to save their life...........put them on Mode 1 and they became pattern flyers within a year......go figure.

also using the drink the soda excuse is lamo'
Old 12-31-2007, 10:41 AM
pilotpete2

Except for Futaba
Pete
Old 12-31-2007, 10:44 AM
summerwind

to Mode 1, i feel ya pal, and as a fellow Mode 1 flyer, i get a kick out of all the "new" modelers of today................they all fly the same ARF, Radio, and engines, and almost all of them share the same problems...............heck we even have some new professional modelers who have to pay someone to build their ARF's........BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

me, i'm starting 2 new planes this year, the Proctor Nieuport 11 and 28...................(hint to Mode 2 flyers) these are not ARF's
Old 12-31-2007, 06:40 PM
JNorton

ORIGINAL: summerwind

to Mode 1, i feel ya pal, and as a fellow Mode 1 flyer, i get a kick out of all the "new" modelers of today................they all fly the same ARF, Radio, and engines, and almost all of them share the same problems...............heck we even have some new professional modelers who have to pay someone to build their ARF's........BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

me, i'm starting 2 new planes this year, the Proctor Nieuport 11 and 28...................(hint to Mode 2 flyers) these are not ARF's
Oh goody, two subjects completely unrelated - one has nothing to do with the other. So I suppose you're the type that says Black motorcycles are faster than White. Another debated subject on The Road Star Riders. By the way since I have a Black Midnight it's faster.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/1602/start
John
Old 12-31-2007, 07:00 PM
summerwind

ORIGINAL: JNorton

ORIGINAL: summerwind

Oh goody, two subjects completely unrelated - one has nothing to do with the other. So I suppose you're the type that says Black motorcycles are faster than White. Another debated subject on The Road Star Riders. By the way since I have a Black Midnight it's faster.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/1602/start
John
Old 12-31-2007, 07:45 PM
JNorton

I love it! I just finished covering two Balsa USA 1/3 scale cub wing halves. Opps I fly mode 2. Woe is me now I'll have to stop!

Would love to see your Nieuports 11 and 28 when their finished. Proctor has to make one of the most detailed scale kits in the world. You are a lucky man.
John
Old 12-31-2007, 09:23 PM
JNorton

Summerwind,
Glad to have met someone with humor as twisted as mine!
John
Old 12-31-2007, 10:21 PM
summerwind

same here John................it's a gas though eh?
Old 12-31-2007, 10:34 PM
JNorton

Old 12-31-2007, 10:39 PM
summerwind

back at ya
Old 12-31-2007, 10:51 PM
JNorton

Well we wasted eight posts doing this. It's a record on my part for imparting zero information. Course the good thing is none of it is false!!!
Old 12-31-2007, 10:54 PM
summerwind

hahahaha...........Happy New Years to you John........see, not a total waste eh?[sm=lol.gif]
Old 12-31-2007, 11:01 PM
JNorton

Happy New Years to you too Mike. Time to get off here and start to celebrate!
Old 12-31-2007, 11:42 PM
summerwind

yeah, here's to all Mode I & II flyers, and let's all Unite and say goodnite
Old 01-01-2008, 12:48 PM
pilotpete2

Good night David, Good night Chet
While we're at it, let's not forget the mode III and IV guy's, at least Foootaba hasn't, yet!
Happy New Year to all
Pete
Old 01-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Mode One

ORIGINAL: pilotpete2

Except for Futaba
Pete
Except Futaba WHAT?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.