Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

10x question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 11:45 PM
epc
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10x question?

Can I assign all the dual or triple rate to one switch .

I'm used to fly with all the rates on one side ( left in my case ) .

I want to have all the rates in the same switc is it possible.

thanks.

epc.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:33 AM
theox

Default 10x question?

Yes, via the flight mode select:

Switching to FM-0 on the transmitter...selects the appropriate
control throws...this...can be accomplished by flipping one switch...

page 20
10X Manual
Old 04-13-2003, 12:53 AM
epc
My Feedback: (33)

Default 10x question?

thanks theoax.

epc.
Old 04-13-2003, 03:50 AM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Default 10x question?

You don't need to use the flight mode if you don't want. You can assign them all on the left as you do on the 9C by using flight modes, or just by assigning the switches in the triple rates setup screens.

I prefer flight modes, but when doing a maiden flight, I have all the switches separate for the first few flights, then once setup I move them all over to a single switch. Then when I have it all trimmed out, and setup for 3D, I turn on flight modes, and use that in conjunction with triple rates.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:12 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default sfaust

I am pondering the very thing you mention and would like your thoughts and opinions on flight modes vs no flight modes. I flew the 9ZAPS for years before getting my first JR 10X last season. Being used to the Futaba "conditions" over the years, I looked at the 10X way of doing it, promptly got confused and didn't use the JR flight modes. I do need to break out the manual and go over it again. I too fly alot of 3D and can see some advantages to the modes if I can get to understand them. Can you elaborate on the one switch method, and the "likes" you have for flight modes. Thanks_bob
Old 04-14-2003, 08:42 AM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Default 10x question?

I use flight modes on the 10X because I am not good enough to ever need high rates on one surface but not others. I cannot deal with three switches. So I have three flight modes. One has everything (rudder, ail, elev) dialed way down for precision flying, one is the middle, and one is for 3d.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:57 AM
bob_nj

Default 10x question?

Again, I need to break out the manual later and refresh my memory. I do recall something about pre-assigned switches though. I have a switch assignment method that I use for every plane so things have some sort of order. Guess modes will interfere with that. We'll see.
Old 04-14-2003, 12:30 PM
sfaust

Default 10x question?

>>Can you elaborate on the one switch method, and the "likes" you have for flight modes.

I'm not sure exactly what you wish me to elaborate on, but here is what I have setup.

I use the extreme left switches for my flight modes, and/or rate switches. Typically, during maiden flight testing, all the rates are split out on individual switches. Low, normal, and high rates are set, and the first flight starts with the normal or middle rates. That gives me flexibility to test out the rates in the air on the first flight. Then I reprog the rates for normal, high, and 3D, again all on the normal separate switches. Once I am satisfied with the rates I want for normal flight, mid rates (snaps, etc), and 3D rates, I assign them to flight modes.

For flight modes, I use the two extreme left switches. With those two switches, I can run 5 flight modes, or three flight modes, and spoilers, flaps, etc.

Typically, I use the far left switch for the flight modes. Normal flight is down, mid position is for the higher rates on some surfaces for snaps, tumbles, etc, and the up position is for 3D mode. The switch just to the right is used to further adjust the flight modes if need be with additional rates, or for things such as spoilers for elevators, etc. These functions are dependent on the particular airplane.

Think of the extreme left switch as the main flight modes being Normal, High, and 3D. And the switch next to it as a modifier to the currently selected flight mode if needed. The second switch can be used to make changes to any flight surface in the current flight mode if the mode if perfect but just needs a little less rudder or more ailerons. Since it is also a three position switch, you can apply three difference corrections or modifications to any flight mode. Typically, I use the second switch for adding spoilers for elevators and harriers (sep settings for inverted and upright), and to change some of the rates in a flight mode for specific maneuvers that require something a bit unusual.

I like the two switch setup for flight modes since it is easy to remember, quick to get in and out of, and not complicated to the point that you need to manipulate and coordinate settings across three switches for maneuvers. With a quick and slight pull from one finger on my left hand, everything is taken to a safe normal setup for emergency bail outs.

Another option to this is using 5 flight modes, and using the same switches. I don't think its as flexible as using 3 flight modes with a modifier (my term) switch, but if everything can fit in 5 flight modes, it would work just as well in my opinion. From memory, I believe the left switch controls flight modes 0, 1, and 2, and the second switch on the left controls flight modes 3 and 4. I don't remember exactly, but it was something like that. I tried that setup for a while and it worked well, but I found I just preferred the mode/modifier setup better. Most everything fit in three modes, with the exception of 2 maneuvers, and that is what I used the modifier switch for.

Hope this is what you were looking for.
Old 04-14-2003, 12:51 PM
sfaust

Default 10x question?

Originally posted by bob_nj
Again, I need to break out the manual later and refresh my memory. I do recall something about pre-assigned switches though. I have a switch assignment method that I use for every plane so things have some sort of order. Guess modes will interfere with that. We'll see.
I also had set switch assignment, and when I went from the 9Z to the 10X, I had to make a minor change. I needed to exchange the 'engine kill' and 'smoke' switches because I needed to use the momentary switch for the kill, and the toggle for the smoke. On the 9Z, these were backwards. Other than that, I could assign everything else as I wanted. Here is what I use on all my airplanes;

Mix switch = Ignition kill and Throttle kill (together)
Gear = Retracts
Snap Roll (momentary)= Choke on
Elev triple rates = Flight modes 1, 2 and 3
Flap/Landing = flight mode modifier and spoilers
Aux 2 = Engine idle (normal (to/land) and high idle (aerobatics)
Left slider = smoke valve servo (smoke on + volume adjustment)
Aux 5 = Turbine ECU control (off, start, auto shutdown)
Aux 4 = Gyro gain control (turbines only)

Not used
Right slider
Aileron triple rate
Rudder triple rate
Old 04-16-2003, 07:55 AM
bob_nj

Default Thanks Steve

I'm formulating a plan. Take Care_bob