Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Aerial problems (rx)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 02:18 PM
cowana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerial problems (rx)

My redcat volcano recently flipped over, breaking about 5 cm off the end of the rx aerial. My question is, can I just attach some other wire to the end?

I have a 1 metre whip aerial somewhere - can I solder the end to that instead? On my boats, I use whip aerials and attach the arieal to steel shrouds of sailing boats. This had no ill-effect. Surely this means making the arial longer will not hurt anything?

cowana
Old 01-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Aerial problems (rx)

Soldering an extension on to make the antenna the same length it use to be is perfectly okay, does not even have to be the same gage wire. Changing the length to something other than the original length may cause a reduction in range and make it more susceptable to interferance. Check out rc-cam.com for some good info on what happens when you change the antenna length. The results are usually detrimental but not always.