Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Discussion - Futaba 8UHFS channel swapping

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 10:47 AM
petn7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discussion - Futaba 8UHFS channel swapping

Is it possible to to use the Channel 7 switch on the transmitter to control a servo plugged into the channel 5 or channel 6 slot in receiver?

I looked in the manual and found nothing that talked about this issue.

P.S. I'm brainstorming a model submarine design and I want to control the bow planes with channel 5 or 6 (channels 1-4 will control throttle, stern planes, rudder, and ballast).

I need a switch/servo that has 3 positions: dive, neutral, and rise. The switch for channel 7 on the 8UHFS seems to be a perfect fit for this.

If channel swapping is not possible, does anyone know of any micro receivers that are on surface frequencies and have 7 or more channels? For example, there's a Berg receiver that's small enough for my application (and has 7 channels), but it's on an aircraft frequency.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:37 PM
wonderboy

Default RE: Discussion - Futaba 8UHFS channel swapping

Yes.

Step 1: Pick which channel you want to use. Lets say Channel 5.

Step 2: Turn off the normal Channel 5 function by using PMIX-1.
- Go to the advanced menu
- Select PMIX-1
- Hit the "+" button while "INH" is blinking to enable (don't worry if it says "ON" or "OFF" at this point.
- Select "GYR" as the master and slave channel (this is the label for Channel 5 on heli modes)
- Set the Percentages to -100% (you'll have to toggle the switch for Channel 5 to get to both)
- Set the Switch direction to "Null" (doesn't matter which switch is selected)

Step 3: Mix Channel 7 into Channel 5 using PMIX 2
- Go to the advanced menu
- Select PMIX-2
- Select "CH7" as the master and "GYR" as the slave channel
- Set the Percentages to +100% (you'll have to toggle the switch for Channel 7 to get to both)
- Set the Switch direction to "Null" (doesn't matter which switch is selected)

That should do it. There may be other ways too, using offsets or something, but to me this seems the most straightforward.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:54 PM
petn7

Default RE: Discussion - Futaba 8UHFS channel swapping

Wow, thanks for the reply.