Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

AM airtronics ..gold sticker?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 03:29 AM
PLNCRZY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AM airtronics ..gold sticker?

I aquired an AM radio .. and older airtronics vanguard ..absolutely NEW IN BOX.... but its AM... did these need gold stickering also?
Old 04-16-2003, 10:59 AM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AM airtronics ..gold sticker?

E-mail Brian Tucker at [email protected] with the information on this radio. He is the question-answer man for Airtronics and has been helpful to me in the past. Brian may take a day or so to get back to you depending on how busy he is. I do not believe that Airtronics will gold-sticker the older Vanguards now and you would have to have that done by some independent service firm, such as Pete Waters at Kraft Midwest or Radio South. I presume this is a 72 mHz radio. If this is a gold-stickered radio it should have that sticker on the tx unless someone has removed it.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:07 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Gold Sticker

As aksmithrc said, best to check with Airtronics. The gold sticker program expired some years ago. That aside, you should still be certain the radio qualifies as narrow band if you want to fly around anybody else.

Anything Airtronics built from the late 80's on should have a sticker on the bottom of the Tx. An other easy way to tell if the radio is qualified is to look at the receiver crystal. If it has a number on it with two colors (representing the color code for each number) it's not narrow band. I think Airtronics went all FM for their 1991 qualified radios. If it's not narrow band, one of the independents can probably do it for you, but you have to ask if the cost to mod/check the Tx, get a new receiver and maybe replace one of both batteries is worth it verus a newer system that will also likely have better servo's.