Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

NEW SPEKTRUM AR7000 DATA AND BIND QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 09:46 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NEW SPEKTRUM AR7000 DATA AND BIND QUESTION

The Batt/Bind slot on the new AR7000 is now labeled Batt/Data. I would assume that binding is still done through this slot??
That leads to the question. I have a Flight Log that I use with the JR R921 receivers which can now be used with the new AR7000. I have one channel unused in the setup I'm planning. Is my understanding correct that I can plug the receiver switch(battery) into the unused channel and then either bind or use the Flight Log in the Batt/Data slot? If this is the case, then I will install two charge type jack locations. The first would be used in conjunction with the battery switch to charge the receiver battery as normal. The other, through a servo extension, would be used to either bind when necessary or the Flight Log could be plugged into it after a range check or after a flight. Will this work?
Old 03-06-2008, 11:42 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: NEW SPEKTRUM AR7000 DATA AND BIND QUESTION

It should as I'm using that configuration on my AR7000 in my electric, although my receiver was not upgraded to logger use. I thought it was after sending it back for the QC upgrade. The receiver and servos are powered by the ESC battery elimination circuit through the throttle connector. I put an extension on the battery connector and attached the logger. While it did recognize correctly the individual receivers, the data was nonsense. But that extension is still useful for rebinding the receiver without having to remove it.

Allan