Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need help with my Spektrum DX6

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 09:20 PM
acfenn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with my Spektrum DX6

Hi,
About 3 months ago I purchased a Spektrum DX6 (this was before I knew about the DX6i!). Overall, the system seems to be pretty good and I've never really heard many complaints about it. The issue I'm having though is when I range test the system. I've installed the AR6000 receiver in my Parkflyers P-51 Mustang and my Multiplex Easy Star and have had the same issue. To range test, your suppost to stand about 90 feet from the model, press and hold the binding button on the back of the transmitter, and you should have total control of the model. The problem is when I press the binding button on the back of the receiver and move the right stick (I have the rudder and elevator set on the right stick), the motor instantly turns on. I'm not even touching the throttle stick at all when this occurs. Once I move the right stick back to neutral, the motor stops. I've checked my connections several times and everything seems to be connected properly. When I release the binding button, everything works as it should, even the throttle. Just glad I had my wife safely holding the models as I ranged tested things. Not sure if the planes would have taken off, but didn't want to take the chance. Little new to the whole DSM thing and wanted a better system so I can buy just planes and don't have to get RTF systems. Can't see having 3-4 planes with 3-4 different radios. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Chris
Old 04-19-2008, 10:28 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Need help with my Spektrum DX6

If this happens with only pressing the range button on the back, my first guess is that you bound the receiver to the transmitter without the throttle stick pulled all the way back to the low position. When you range test you might be exceeding the range and the receiver is going into failsafe. Try rebinding the receiver with the throttle in the low position.

One other thing to recheck. Make sure your ESC is plugged into the Thro port and not the battery.

I know it doesn't help but I have a number of AR6000 receivers and something like this has never happened to me.

Allan
Old 04-19-2008, 07:59 PM
acfenn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Allan,
Thanks for the advise. I went through the rebinding procedure and this seems to have corrected the issue. This was a surprize to me as the receiver was suppost to be factory bound to the transmitter. Anyways, it appears to have corrected the problem. Will try to fly tomorrow morning and see how everything works (that's if the rain and wind hold off!). Thanks again.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:59 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is a common practice with all the Spektrum systems to rebind the receiver after you have set up the servo throws, directions, etc. Initially there were many threads on this. In particular, retract land gear cycling on power up was a topic of conversation. Good luck.

Allan