Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba FASST 6 channel with a helimax axe cp

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 03:21 PM
acarter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba FASST 6 channel with a helimax axe cp

Hey guys, I just got my first chopper, a helimax axe cp. I would really like to use my FASST system with this, but I don't know how it would work. Right now the copter has a 3 in 1 unit, receiver, gyro, and ESC. Is there a way to incorperate my FASST reciever in there without having to buy a new gyro and ESC. I read a while back about someone doing this with a spektrum unit, but I don't know if it can be done with a Futaba system.

Thanks,
Austin
Old 06-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Julez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba FASST 6 channel with a helimax axe cp

The only way I can think of how this would theoretically be possible, is to search for the "sum-signal" in its multiplexed form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplexing

On most recievers, somewhere this signal can be found before it is splitted to the different channel outputs using a demultiplexer.
This signal is also available on the fasst reciever.
If you feed the Fasst multiplex signal into the other unit, it would theoretically work.
http://www.mikrokopter.com/ucwiki/R607FS