Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

How do you set up Hi/Lo rates on JR X9303?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Birman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you set up Hi/Lo rates on JR X9303?

I have the JR X9303 and I want to set up high & low rates. I'm not a computer whiz and the instructions baffle me. Do you have to go into flight modes to do the set up? Better yet, does someone have step by step instructions on how to do it other than telling me to go to the manual. I've been over it several times in the manual and I'm still snowed.

Thanks for any help provided.

Birman
Old 06-26-2008, 11:08 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: How do you set up Hi/Lo rates on JR X9303?

You can do it with flight modes and tie 3 different rates for all 3 axis on one switch.

Or you can do it on the individual switches.

Lets asssume individual switches since that is easier.

Enter the programming and scroll to DR/EXP and press the wheel.
You should see AILE so we will be setting the aileron. ELEV and RUDD work the same way.
Move the wheel one beep and it should highlight D/R 100 100
Press the wheel to edit that number and turn the wheel till its 50 percent. (We will use some exaggerated numbers so its easy to see)
Press the wheel again to exit the editing and scroll to the right one beep. That will hightlight LIN this means LINEAR control response. You can turn that to +20 or so to soften the response around the center. (if you set it to -20 it will make center stick more sensitive)

Now, notice next to the D/R and EXP it should show 0 or 1, thats your switch position, look at the aileron d/r switch, mine is the top left on the face but I have the heli version, yours may or may not be the same. You see thats its labeled 0 and 1?
If the switch is in 0 (up) then you have the 50 percent rate. If its in 1 you get the 100 percent rate.

You could ofcourse assign the up position to 100 and the down position to 50 or whatever you want your low rate to be.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:39 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flight Modes essentially gives you 3 model memories for each model memory, at the flip of the 3 position switch. Let's say you pick model memory 1. All of the parameters in model memory 1 can be set up differently for each of the 3 Flight Modes, within model memory 1. You can have a Takeoff mode, a Flying mode, and a Landing mode, for example.

As far as the D/R goes, there are Pre-Assigned switches for Ail, Elev, and Rud. Each switch has a Position 0 and Position 1. When you are in the D/R menu, you will see the Position number change when you flip the switch. I set up Low Rates with the switch Down(1) and High Rates with the switch Up(0).

The 9303 lets you assign all 3 D/R switches to one switch, but when you do that, you cannot change the Rud D/R separately, for example. If you used Flight Modes, you could have all three D/R work off of one switch, for one flight mode, and have separate D/R switches for another flight mode.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Birman

Thanks guys. I'm on my way down to try the setup.

Birman
Old 06-27-2008, 12:00 PM
PipeMajor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope you like your X9303. I've had one for about 2 months and came over from Futaba. It's been a little harrowing to learn the JR methodology but I merely set up my switches for position 0 with one rate and position 1 with another.

FWIW, I always have my switches positioned UP or AWAY from me for high rates and DOWN or TOWARD me for low rates. Then I can tell at a glance if I'm using low or high rates.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Birman

Barracuda, I used your method and it worked perfectly. Thanks again.

Birman
Old 06-28-2008, 01:18 PM
PipeMajor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

Flight Modes essentially gives you 3 model memories for each model memory, at the flip of the 3 position switch.
Indeed! I merely think of it memory location 1a; 1b; 1c; 2a; 2b; 2c; and so forth. With 30 memory locations on the X9303, you effectively get 90 combinations available.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Smacka

ORIGINAL: PipeMajor

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

Flight Modes essentially gives you 3 model memories for each model memory, at the flip of the 3 position switch.
Indeed! I merely think of it memory location 1a; 1b; 1c; 2a; 2b; 2c; and so forth. With 30 memory locations on the X9303, you effectively get 90 combinations available.
I understand what you are saying here but it is a tad overwhelming to a newbie like me. I am still trying to grasp the concept of what flight surface to mix with what other flight surface to complete a perfect snap roll, loop or knife edge. I was dizzy reading the manual with so many mix options, and then to discover you have three different flight mode options for 1) Normal day to day easy flying, with dual rates and expos, then 2) Some 3D moves with dual rates and expos, then 3) Full out crazy 3D flying with dual rates and expos...all this on each of the 30-models available...ouch, my brain!

Now, I pick up my Wife's JR 12X 2.4 GHz and it has position "0", position "1" AND position "2" for all dual rate switches...plus a 50-model memory..on and on and on...

For now, I am flying naked just to learn how to fly without bagging my gear. Some day, maybe I will give 3D a try

Later Gators,
Smacka
Old 06-28-2008, 04:57 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Don't worry about playing games with a bunch of fancy programming, just ease your way in to it getting comfortable with one feature at a time.