Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Ever heard of BMS servos?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 02:37 PM
bluesky123
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever heard of BMS servos?

Balsa Products just started selling a new line of BMS servos:
http://www.balsapr.com/catalog/trans...birdServos.asp
They call them BlueBird servos.
The specs look impressive: a $15 micro servo, which weights just 0.52 oz (15 Grams), delivers the torque of 88 oz.in at 4.8V.
This sounds too good to be true...
Does anyone have any experience with this brand?

I've bought some dirt cheap GWS servos from Balsa Products and I love them: half the price of Hitec and works much better: no chatter, no stripped gears under the slightest overload (like HS-81).
I wonder if this BMS is also as good.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:56 PM
RysiuM
My Feedback: (1)

Default Re: Ever heard of BMS servos?

Originally posted by bluesky123
The specs look impressive: a $15 micro servo, which weights just 0.52 oz (15 Grams), delivers the torque of 88 oz.in at 4.8V.
This sounds too good to be true...
Torque values posted in www.blue-bird-model.com/ are misleading. In example servo BMS-380 has torque 2.5 kg.cm which translates to about 88 oz.cm (not inch). This translates to about 35 oz.in. Balsaproduct now has right values kg.cm and oz.in.

Parameters make sense and I believe they area true (it's possible to be true). The price looks also very good.
I have dealt with Balsa Products before and they never let me down (good products, good prices and very nice customer service). I think I'm going to try BMS-371 for my next project (Front-yard 3D).

RysiuM
Old 07-04-2003, 03:40 PM
jd454

I would not use these servo's in anything, they do not recenter correctly and the first one I bought locked up and cost me a $600.00 plane, I will only be using JR-241's from now on and maybe hitec hs-55 for my less expensive ships. These servos are junk.

JD
Old 07-07-2003, 02:18 AM
RysiuM
My Feedback: (1)

Originally posted by jd454
I would not use these servo's in anything, they do not recenter correctly and the first one I bought locked up and cost me a $600.00 plane.
JD
I'm sorry about your plane. I know, it hurts. I wouldn't put 'unknown' servo into any critical place i any expensive plane. I guess mini PBF or depron 3D is the right place to check, how good they are.

I have bought 3 BMS-371 for "front yard 3D" plane. These three work fine (still ), but I found some problem with pot. On small stick movement around the center, servo jumped like crazy. It's like dirty pot symptom, but they are brand new from box. Once I moved them a couple tens times they look OK, but I still don't trust them.
In my opinion, the best plane for these servos are the cheap ones, so it wouldn;t hurt when they malfunction. I will keep them in my Front Yard 3D till they break.

RysiuM