Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

10C flaps on 3 position switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Zman39
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10C flaps on 3 position switch

Hey All,

I have a 10C and would like to have my flaps on the 3 position switch so I can have two different deflections for flaps as well as no flaps. I figured out how to switch it to the 3 position but in the endpoints, there is still just two values. Any help much appreciated.

Z
Old 07-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 10C flaps on 3 position switch

I'm not sure about the 10C, but my 9C end points are servo travel limits. Dual rates sets up servo travel, switchable, within these limits. I believe that if you set the End Point to 100%, you can't go beyond that with Dual Rate setup. I'll have to check that out for sure, but I think that is the way it works.

Don
Old 07-13-2008, 10:49 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Mechanically set up your flaps so the switch is in the center and the flaps are at thier mid point position.. Thats usually called takeoff/approach. That will center your servo and linkage.

Then set the up position with one end point and the full down position with the other. You can tweak the center with sub trim of course.

One thing though, I'd either set it up with the linkages disconnected to do the full up or full down, or turn the end points all the way down and work your way to the final position so you don't break anything if you flip the switch and your servo goes to full throw.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Zman39
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, makes sense. Appreciate the help.

Z