Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

transmitter/receiver compatibility question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 06:42 PM
jgrass1940

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmitter/receiver compatibility question

After you guys recover your breath from laughing so hard, could you tell me which OLD. but still legal, combinations of transmitters and receivers are compatible? Specifically, I need to know which current receivers are compatible with World Engines Expert transmitters, both AM and FM. Doggone it! I told you to stop laughing. Yes, I do have several working examples of these units and have sentimental reasons for wanting to keep and use them. I will get rid of them if it comes down to it, but would lose a lot of good time memories when I do. Okay, you can go back to laughing. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:39 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: transmitter/receiver compatibility question

I guess I have to admit to not being a sentimental old fool, just an old fool. I long ago got rid of any old stuff other than my first Rc airpla ne which is a Lil Esquire that was single channel 27 kilocycle. Anyhow don't know what may be useable now for what you still have but would definitly stay clear of any AM stuff. I have gone through escapements, galloping ghost, reeds analog proportional etc. and cannot say enough about what is now available. Presently use JR Spectrum and once you have that there is no going back. good to have you back and good luck with what you are doing and will be doing.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:02 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: transmitter/receiver compatibility question

I keep the old stuff on the Trophy shelf. I have had to deal with enough Sticky Pots, Loose Gimbals, RF Interference, and Waiting for the Frequency Pin, in 30 years of flying RC, and I don't want to deal with it anymore.

2.4 is the way to go, and using the newer Tx's, with better Resolution, and better Programming, makes life much easier.