Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

The REAL reason for the Futaba Forum.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 03:04 PM
superdave01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The REAL reason for the Futaba Forum.

The purpose of THIS forum section is to make it look like Futaba has NO problems, any post stating ANYTHING negative yet truthfull will be delete by BAx.

Dont believe me, test it yourself and pass the word around!

Futaba is covering up MAJOR safety issues with fancy wording, could cost you a plane, a Heli ...... you LIFE!

[edited title before moving thread]
Old 08-09-2008, 04:09 PM
KingCobra2

Default RE: The REAL reason for this Forum.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Flyjets
My Feedback: (51)

Dave

There is nothing wrong with Posting facts by we do not allow slander or ridicule in statements.

I will leave your statement on here but if u have nothing furthur to offer this forum please move along.

Ian
Old 08-09-2008, 11:54 PM
cjshaker

Spektrum flyers at our club have lost airplanes, too. One weekend two members of our club
lost airplanes due to flying them with 4.8 V RX packs instead of 6 V RX packs. There is a bulletin
out about Spektrum receivers rebooting when the voltage gets low (not low enough to bother a
72 Mhz system or a FASST system). Your airplane is uncontrollable while the receiver is rebooting.

We customers are Beta testing all of the 2.4 Ghz products in the field.

Chris Shaker
Old 08-10-2008, 03:22 AM
superdave01

Spektrum will not fail if the batteries are sufucenty charged and adequate for the current drain, 4.8 OR 6v.

With that said they should have came out with QC to begin with.

JR/Spektrum never tried to mask problems, I just dont trust Futaba anymore, Period.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Joystick TX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Flyjets

Dave

There is nothing wrong with Posting facts by we do not allow slander or ridicule in statements.

I will leave your statement on here but if u have nothing furthur to offer this forum please move along.

Ian
I am new to the RC Universe forum, just started yesterday, and made one post which was apparently deleted yesterday because I cannot find it today.

The subject was about the problem with two Futaba TXs defaulting to the same code at the GSWAM flying field. Dave stated the facts correctly. I know both of the men who were flying and there was nothing in the post that was incorrect.

There was also nothing in my post that was slanderous nor did I ridicule Futaba. I just stated the facts from a Systems Engineering standpoint and a concerned flyer.

I read the Futaba post about the default problem again, and they do not mention that accidently leaving the TX on untill the battery drains down would cause the problem.

What are the odds that two flyers out of around 50 in our club on 2.4Ghz (all brands) would be flying at the same time with Futaba radios that they accidently left on after just being tested? Something is wrong with that picture.

It seems odd to me that Futaba cannot duplicate the problem.

By the way, I have been flying Futaba equipment since 1972, it is all I own. I do not have any 2.4Ghz equipment, I will wait till the problems are corrected. My old radio is still rock solid.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Capt Lou

Dave:

I feel that Bax and Krysta have been honest with us to the extent that they have information made available to them by Futaba Japan but there lies the issue. Typical Japanese companies are authoritarian and control there foreign business with complete control so Bax and Krysta tell us what they know or are permitted to disclose. I bought a new 2.4 ghz Futaba system. The system worked fine but I began to feel that Futaba wasn't addressing the needs or desires of the market place. The final starw was the over-heat issue with respect to the 2.4 ghz RX. Bax couldn't address this issue so he correctly sent it to Japan several months ago and there is still no answer. I can understand why Japan isn't communicating with us about this matter. All we hear is that it is under review and the U.S. company is awaiting inforation from Japan. This has resulted in the worst situation for the consumer - there's a technical issue and you don't know what it is and worse when it will be resolved. What Japan fails to realize is that we have choices and that is what I did on my next project. After 25 years as a loyal Futaba customer, I sold my Futaba equipment and switched to JR. Now Futaba has lost me as a customer.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Joystick TX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ian,

I just found my post, it was not deleted, sorry about that. []

I found my post is in the "RE: Futaba 2.4 major malfunction" subject.

Maybe our club can help Futaba find the "root cause" of the problem so they can fix it.

Steve

Check six!
Old 08-10-2008, 12:02 PM
cjshaker

At our club, and at the local hobby shop, people are encouraged to run 6 v (or greater w/regulator) packs
on their Spektrum airplanes. How much voltage sag do you get with a binding servo? Is it enough drop to
cause the receiver to reboot? Less issues with 6 v packs.

Chris Shaker

ORIGINAL: superdave01

Spektrum will not fail if the batteries are sufucenty charged and adequate for the current drain, 4.8 OR 6v.

JR/Spektrum never tried to mask problems, I just dont trust Futaba anymore, Period.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:42 PM
superdave01

Krysat is ok i think, Ive never seen here do propaganda type stuff, Bax ..... well ill simply not say anything about him.

Futaba IS the problem, I do understand they BOTH work and represent Futaba.

Spektrum, even before the QC updates there flawless if the battery is suitable for the applacation and properly charged, SO many idiots say I charged it last nite and its ok, Oh SURE it is. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Battery related problems, bad or insufficent, not or not fully charged or wires and switchs on the battery are probally 85% of crashes!

I ALWAYS check my batteries with a Digital Meter with a LOAD ...... the LOAD is VERY important along with knowing your batteries.

Ive had JR.Spektrum since ONE month from when it FIRST came out and ive had not even ONE glitch, bump,problem,inconsisenty,abnormality,irregularity PERIOD!

That relates to ZERO crashes and ZERO safety issues.

I bet when Bax comes back all this disapears..........
Old 08-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Superdave,
None of the mfg are clean on this. People found out about the Spectrim 4.8V issue and reboot, after planes starting locking out an crashing. There was no communicaiton when the receiver was launched into the market.

Same with the Futaba heat issue.

We are indeed beta testers. People become emotional when they are affected. But its foolish to think it only happens in one brand.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:44 AM
superdave01

On the Spektrum , IF people had used adequate and properly charged batteries there would have been no problem, A properly charged and sufficent sized battery for whats its going to be powerred will not go down to a reset voltage at 3.5.

However your right, JR/Spektrum could have done a few things better for sure.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:20 AM
cjshaker

See:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7831253/tm.htm

Appears to be Spektrum lockout without a battery problem.

Chris

On the Spektrum , IF people had used adequate and properly charged batteries there would have been no problem, A properly charged and sufficent sized battery for whats its going to be powerred will not go down to a reset voltage at 3.5.

However your right, JR/Spektrum could have done a few things better for sure.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:40 AM
superdave01

I looked at the post and replied.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:41 AM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Excuse me...but what problems or issues has Futaba tried to hide or cover-up??? I would like to find out what the issues are that made you post here???.
Maybe you can help others if you are an expert with an un-biased outlook on ANY make radio.

Just so you know... I have a 12FG and the 6014FS. I have had them in 100+ degree heat several times and I have never experianced any types of problems. So I'm sure you are not trying to say Futaba has an issue in this area. Futuba has a post addressing this so called issue. If you fallow simple directions as posted you should be fine.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The REAL reason for the Futaba Forum.

Super Dave, when you wear your tin foil hat, make sure the shiny side is out.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Silent-AV8R

For the record, neither Krysta or Bill Baxter work for Futaba. They do work for the company that is the sole North American distributor of Futaba Products and that company also does the service for Futaba. Their job is to represent as best as possible what they have been told by Futaba. And like mot Japanese companies they are notoriously tight lipped and authoritarian as noted above.

I know it seems like semantics, but neither Bax or Krysta can tell you what Futaba is doing unless Futaba has both told them the information AND authorized the release of that information. In many senses people seem to be shooting the messenger.

They can only tell you what they know and what they have been told is OK to release to the public. It just seems silly to beat up on them for something they have absolutely no control over.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

Posting in a Manufactures forum will certianly get the post pulled. Read the rules for those forums and you'll see why.

I've had Bax pull a few of my posts over this and to be honest when I posted I didn't think to look at the forum in which I was posting.

I've no problems following the rules and think Bax does a fine job under difficult circumstances.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:01 PM
pilotpete2

Well it looks like there was possibly a brown out issue in this thread.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7831253/tm.htm
A 6 cell 2400mAh Nicad is a very capable battery pack as far as holding voltage under load this should have been more than adequate.
You obviously have it in for Futaba, yet it seems that Futaba has the edge as far as a robust RF link goes, and Futaba receivers tolerance of low voltages and their extremely fast reboot and connect time is another plus.
While the heat issue is not to be taken lightly by those flying in areas where the temperature can be a problem, for many it is not an issue.
I have tried to overheat an R617RF by letting the plane sit in the sun for over an hour, I had a temperature probe inside the foam (yup, Rx wrapped in foam[X(]) after letting it bake, I then turned on the receiver and let it heat up for over a half hour, I was able to get up to 54dg.C and no problem with the receiver at that temp.
Pete
Old 08-11-2008, 06:11 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

You can't expect employees to be 100% forthright in their dealings with the public. There's a fine line between providing a service and shooting your company (and perhaps your career) in the foot. What is written online has a nasty habit of sticking around.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:59 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: MikeL

You can't expect employees to be 100% forthright in their dealings with the public. There's a fine line between providing a service and shooting your company (and perhaps your career) in the foot. What is written online has a nasty habit of sticking around.
Ain't that the truth!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:21 PM
tkilwein

Futaba Corp. controls what is presented to the public, not the employees of the support company.
Krysta has been extremely professional in the times I have corresponded with her.
When I sent my stuff in, she had extra work done ALL at NO cost to me and shipped back overnight.
This is service in my opinion.

Some of the larger companies move at a slower pace than some people would like, it is how they work at times.
I have been involved with large company issues and it can takes more than a few months, not saying this is good,
just how it is sometimes. With this comes the long delays in the passing out of information. The companies I have delt with
want, to know the details of a issue before deciding on solution-fix-remedy and how to present to customers.

I have tested my RX's to 157F in a thermal chamber with soak time and they have passed.
Well above the rated spec by Futaba. I can control the temp within a degree using the above equipment.
The 157F is above the ratings of the newer technology IC's used in the 6014 RX's.
I have well over 30+hours of flight time using the FASST equipment with no issues.
Flying in -10F to 104F ambient air temp. Heck one of my major brand BEC units failed way before the RX , I fixed it verses sending it back.
The specs on a lot of the components used are 60F and up. With the newer technologies we need to change with them or stay in the past.
Most people will not pay for mil spec parts, we are our own worst enemy sometimes. We want low cost, with this comes sacrifices.
The majority of the buyers will NOT pay the increased cost of higher spec parts.
I have read of some people that have had failures of ~133F. If I was them I would send them in for
a service check.

From past experience Krysta was more than willing to look at a issue I had, that ended up to be
another vendors issue.
Bax has also indicated in a thread to send the suspect equipment in and they would look at it.
From various threads, the FASST equipment (concerning heat) when installed per latest guidelines works or did I miss a posting.
Very possible.

These forums are nice to expand everyones knowledge on the products out there.
Hopefully everyone including the vendors can benefit from the forum discussions.

I saw your original posting in the Futaba Vendor only section, Bax moved your posting to the general discussion forum.

I am not sponsered by Futaba, just with my own money from the Bank Of Fun. Everyone can let the vendors know
what they think by the $$,$$$ spent.
Still flying my 14MZ (72MHz-2.4 FASST) equipment with confidence.
Hopefully everyone can have a good day flying, regardless of equipment type.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:22 PM
superdave01

6 volt 2400 mah does NOT tell you what you need to know about a battery.

I use 3 types of 2500 mah batteries, same general size.

One will sustain 20 + Amps...... One 9 + and the last about 2-3 amps..... if u have JUST ONE servo at full stall it can easily pull 4 amps...... Now which battery is sufficent?

If for ANY reason your battery pack gets down to 3.5 volts its DEFECTIVE in the application requiring 4.8-6.

ROBUST, the absolute BEST word Futaba could have ever used in there marketing. Brilliant! ( Marketing: Getting paid to make something "LOOK" better then it is. )

The Futaba system is ok, the bugs in it like the "ESN 0000" problem and the heat problem with some recievers and the Signal voltage problem and the way Futaba says they cant duplicate when the public does all the time is why I will NOT Fly or teach students with FUTABA 2.4, PERIO.

Read the Futaba service advisory.if you can find it, JR/Spektrums advisories are on the front page.

Read what they call proper turn on procedure and read what they suggest before each flight ....... 72Mhz was MUCH easier.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Flyfalcons

ROBUST, the absolute BEST word Futaba could have ever used in there marketing. Brilliant! ( Marketing: Getting paid to make something "LOOK" better then it is. )
Actually JR/Spektrum is the one using the word "Robust" in their advertising. Don't believe me? Look in the latest AMA mag.

After you do that, please go away.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:09 AM
KingCobra2

Sorry, I had to wait till I stopped laughing long enough to post my responce. I saw this thread from day one and predicted the outcome and it is so. I am the happy owner of 3 Futaba radio systems and I do read and follow the structions as is highly recommended. I am positive that Futaba representatives have also seen this from day one and this is a free review, more or less, from their current customers. Hmmmm, maybe a poll would have been nice also. But so far, without a poll, I gather that 95% of all who responded here so far are happy customers of Futaba products. Hey, why not, they are #1 in RC products, etc. I have a total of 10 working systems of 3 different brands and find Futaba the best of them even though I do like my Airtronics systems. I actually thought this thread would be ignored and go away, but it has actually done what Futaba wanted it to do. Keep up the good work! In the meanwhile, I will be at the airfield with my fully charged and monitored batteries installed in my great Futaba radios. Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.