Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

AR 9100 power and swithching

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:20 AM
Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AR 9100 power and swithching

I'm used to having two packs two swithches etc and dont want to lose that redundancy with this new technology.

Do the two power inputs on the 9100 have independent circuits handling the switching ie effectively two soft switches operated by the one extrenal hard switch?

Are the two packs isolated so that they cannot discharge into each other should there be an imbalance in pack charge at initial onnect/turn on?

any ideas please?
cheers
Old 09-03-2008, 11:06 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: AR 9100 power and swithching

Hi!
I use the 9100 receiver in a 86" Yak-54 powered by a MVVS 45cc engine and cannister silencer and it works great powered by two Hi-models LiFePo 2000mah cells (6,4v each) and JR 8711 servos. As far as I know the batteries are isolated from each other.
The switch that comes with the receiver is a soft switch.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Kelly W
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: AR 9100 power and swithching

I just received my AR9100 this morning. My understanding is that the included soft switch governs the function of the receiver electronics, which would tend to indicate that only one switch is required for two packs. It also states that when running with a single pack attached, the open battery port is not 'hot' so you just have to tie it out of the way so it doesn't get tangled in the other wires. You don't need to worry about shorting it. That would also make me guess that the circuits are functionally separated and one pack should not drain into the other.

Kelly