Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

reversed radio controls

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 08:35 PM
onenation1776
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reversed radio controls

I recently purchased a cap 232. I also bought a new spektrum 2.4 gig 6 channel radio for it. I installed it and all of the controls (throttle, aileron, rudder and elevator) work but are all reversed! Any ideas? I have tried the multiple switches on the transmitter thinking that it may be reversed for helicopter control but no luck. Please advise and God Bless!
Old 09-03-2008, 10:15 PM
SunDevilPilot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: reversed radio controls

Your radio has something called "Servo Reversing". Just change the settings. There is no set standard for radio installation so reversing them is standard pratice.

SunDevilPilot
Old 09-04-2008, 06:38 AM
Tcat1000
My Feedback: (34)

Hey Bud..............You have a "Cap 232" & you don't know anything about servo reversing? I hope this is not going to be your first trainer! If so, I think you had better get some help & guidance from a qualified pilot at a local club or your Cap might soon be with Jesus!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:06 AM
crazy8s
My Feedback: (21)

Geez, I was just thinking the same thing!! I don't think I've ever seen this question asked even in the beginners forum. We're not poking fun at your question, all questions are welcomed and answered to the best of everyones ability here especially by the long time experienced pilots but it does make us a bit concerned when it sounds like you are new to this hobby and starting off with a high performance aerobatic airplane to learn how to "fly"!! That is the recipe for a very dangerous and unwanted situation. Take Tcats advice and get a legitimate high wing trainer and an instructor pilot and safely learn how to fly and enjoy this great hobby without boring holes in the ground!!

Good luck with everything. If you are not a beginner then please accept my apologies for making assumptions.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:17 AM
onenation1776

Thanks for the help guys. This is not my first plane. I was into rc planes quite a bit but it has been almost 18 years since I had new radios. My batteries were no longer any good and none of my old 4 channel radios had servo reversing equipped. So I thought I would get a newer plane and upgrade it with a nice 2.4 radio. I have been flying with the sim and it feels like riding a bike. I can't believe how far technology has come over those years although I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Thanks for all of the help. God Bless!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Tcat1000
My Feedback: (34)

Hey Guy......It may feel like riding a bike, but I stand by my statement. Get some help getting that 232 in the air for the first time. It's too nice of a plane to bore a hole into the ground. Have a qualified pilot take it up for the first time & trim it out before you take the controls. You may have flown before, but your "finners" are probably a tad bit rusty. Sim or no sim!

Don't be too proud to get back into RC with a little help.

The servo reversing will be called out in your Radio manual that came with the set.

Good luck & good to have ya back in the hobby..............

Tcat
Old 09-04-2008, 05:47 PM
onenation1776

Thanks for the tips...I won't be too proud to ask for help. I spent enough money years ago being self taught! I will take it out to the local club and let a pro shake it down and put it through its paces. Does it fly that differently than most low wing planes? It has a 72" wingspan has an OS BX-1 in it and like I said put a 6 channel 2.4 radio. Thanks for any input and the tips so far.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:17 AM
SunDevilPilot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used a GP .40 Size Cap 232 for my trainer. Still have it to this day. Don't let the plane scare you. Caps are good flyers. Just be aware the elevator is extremely effective and can lead to a snap if not respected.

SunDevilPilot
Old 09-08-2008, 08:55 AM
onenation1776

Thanks for the advise and encouragement. I have reversed my servos. The radio is pretty incredible I cant believe the options and functions that the new computer radios have! Thanks again.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:51 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Just make sure you RE-BIND the RX if you have reversed the the throttle servo!

otherwise, when you shut off the Tx first the plane will go to (fail safe) max power! dont' askme how i know
Old 09-08-2008, 12:14 PM
dirtybird

ORIGINAL: onenation1776

Thanks for the tips...I won't be too proud to ask for help. I spent enough money years ago being self taught! I will take it out to the local club and let a pro shake it down and put it through its paces. Does it fly that differently than most low wing planes? It has a 72" wingspan has an OS BX-1 in it and like I said put a 6 channel 2.4 radio. Thanks for any input and the tips so far.
When I came back after a 20 year lay off I built a Goldberg Ultimate and put in an Enya 120 four stroke. The "experts" at my field said if they were off 20 years they would have started with something less. OK. Then I could not find anyone to fly it for me. So after thinking it over I decided I could probably rebuild it and flew it myself. The only trouble I had was with the landing. That Ultimate would come down like a brick after the throttle was shut down. I broke some props and bent some landing gear but that was about it.
That Cap should fly great. Keep the speed up on the landing.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:04 PM
onenation1776

Thanks for all the help. I will keep it in mind. I really appreciate the constructive precautionary tips, comments and recommendations!
Old 10-10-2008, 09:42 PM
onenation1776

Many thanks to SunDevilPilot and Vasek! I have been having a blast with my Cap 232, parkzone corsair & nitro mustang! I was a little concerned when I was getting all the warnings from everyone. I am glad I took your advice. I flew it myself no problems..what an agile, fun plane to fly. I love the rudder throws...makes for some really cool knife edge passes. I am a Full fledged R/C junkie.....Again!! Thanks again for the encouragement on the landings...works great bringing it in a little hot. I love having all my planes in my stable saved in one transmittertruly spoiled with the new technology!