Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX5E, DX6i or DX7 for surface use?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 02:06 PM
robwiljas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spektrum DX5E, DX6i or DX7 for surface use?

I've always really liked 2 stick radios and would like to have a single radio for all of my vehicles and aircraft. I was wondering if a Spektrum air radio such as the DX5e, DX6i or DX7 will bind with a Spektrum surface reciever? I know I could just use air receivers in my vehicles but I don't think there are any small enough for my Losi Micro's. Also if it will bind, where would the controls be? I would like to use the elevator/aileron stick for control but I have a feeling channels 1 & 2 are on the the throttle/rudder stick. If this is the case, can this be reprogrammed on the DX6i or DX7? Thanks
Old 09-08-2008, 02:49 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX5E, DX6i or DX7 for surface use?

With JR/Spektrum, Ch1 is Throttle, Ch2 is Aileron, Ch3 is Elevator, and Ch4 is Rudder.
The common Mode 2 Tx configuration is Ail/Elev on Right stick and Rudder/Throttle on the Left stick. There are 3 other Modes.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:19 PM
robwiljas

Ok yeah I'm familiar with the modes, I fly mode 2, it's just that none of my recievers are marked ch1, ch2 etc... they're marked throttle, aileron etc... and I can't remember from my old days in R/C which channels were what on aircraft radios. I figured 1 and 2 would be on the same stick, so throttle/rudder or elevator/airleron. If channel 1 is throttle (left stick) and channel two is aileron (right stick), then that could work as I just want to have my steering on the right stick. Can anyone confirm this, and or know if they will bind together? Thanks.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Eric.Henderson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: robwiljas

Ok yeah I'm familiar with the modes, I fly mode 2, it's just that none of my recievers are marked ch1, ch2 etc... they're marked throttle, aileron etc... and I can't remember from my old days in R/C which channels were what on aircraft radios. I figured 1 and 2 would be on the same stick, so throttle/rudder or elevator/airleron. If channel 1 is throttle (left stick) and channel two is aileron (right stick), then that could work as I just want to have my steering on the right stick. Can anyone confirm this, and or know if they will bind together? Thanks.
I did it to my Traxxas Monster truck. Bi-passed the gear change module.

Converted my old JR 347 to 2.4 GHz. Fitted a 6100 to the car,

Throttle = ch1
aileron stick =ch2
reverse=ch3 (Mixed channel to be controlled by a rotary knob so that the reverse could not be easily be selected by accident.

In my case I have throttle on the right stick or the left stick. Same with rudder or aileron for steering. Then it can be driven in either mode one or two. (Modes are Switch selectable using mixes)

I put a spring on the throttle stick, removed the ratchette so that the brake/throttle works 50-50 and returns to idle/center when released..

Driving is very good with dual rates and expo. DSM2 ground range is great but will go into "failsafe" if a big hill gets in the way. Better than DSM car radios by a mile.

Regards,

Eric.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:11 PM
robwiljas

Thanks Eric. Have you ever tried binding the radio to a Spektrum Surface reciever?
Old 10-21-2008, 01:54 AM
astroboycp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just got the Dx6i and wanted to use it for my tamiya hummer. How can I turn off the failsafe features of the Dx6i? I am using mode 1.