Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

12x 10x questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 01:43 PM
JoeEagle
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12x 10x questions

Just loaded the data transfer software from the 12X. works ok on XP Pro but not working with Vista (i know, Vista is.....yuk).

i taked to Chris from Horizon and he said i could use the SW to download to my PC the data from my 10x.

when i plug in the 10x to the USB cable and kick off the 12X data transfer SW, the SW says that there is no USB device connected.

did i misunderstand Chris in being able to use the 12X data transfer SW to just download the info to my PC? i have no illusions of being able to use any SW to transfer between radios...as much as i would like to.

any help here is appreciated.

thanks

Old 09-13-2008, 06:28 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 12x 10x questions

Are you using the cable for the 10X PC Data Transfer or the one that came with the 12X? The 12X has a true USB output. I don't own a 10X but I wouldn't be surprised that it's output is serial as it uses the same program as the 9303 and the 9303 output is serial. I use the MacGregor DataXchange for my 9303 and the cludge on its cable and interface software converts a USB port into a serial one. You will probably have to use the 10X PC Data Transfer cable to have any chance of working.

Allan
Old 09-14-2008, 08:36 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

As far as I understand it, the data systems between the two radios are not compatible. I know the 12X system isn't compatible with the one used for the X9303...
Old 09-14-2008, 11:18 AM
JoeEagle
My Feedback: (26)

Thanks Zeeb. i just ordered the data system that works with the 10x. it would have been nice to purchase just the serial/usb dongle part rather than new SW, cable and serial/usb dongle. at least it will be easier than doing it while looking at 2 physical radios....

Old 09-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Hilarious

The 12X has it's own version of the USB Data Transfer program. It is not compatible with the JR USB Data Transfer program that is sold for the 9303 and 10X radio versions.

It is compatible with Vista, however, like many other programs being installed on Vista you have to turn on/off UAC (user account control). See this article with Vista install note:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles...ArticleID=1827

When the program does load it will load the driver for the USB connection (either version of the program).

I really like the program mainly because it is so easy to "build" your model in the PC rather than scrolling through the screens in the TX. It also makes for an infinte number of model memories/setups and you can help friends (with like kind radios) setup models by emailing the data file.

Regards,