Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Canadian trying to send in 7C 2.4 for recall

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Mikecam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian trying to send in 7C 2.4 for recall

Well I have about had it with Futaba. If you don't live in the US then you have to jump threw hoops to get them to fix there problem. Enough is enough already. This is what they sent me today after last week asking for my address so they could send me a postage paid sticker. In the email they talk like there is still no problem and I will lose all my info regarding trims and settings. Talk about a pain in the butt. Is spectrum the same or are they better at the customer service? My first radio as I just got into the hobby and I thought i bought the best radio and now I have all these problems. I'm too scared to fly thinking If I crash I won't know if it is me or the radio.

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

You will have to copy down all the settings as there is no way to flash them back them into the transmitter.

Please package your item(s) carefully against shipping hazards. Please make sure they are insured against loss or damage in shipping. Include a letter with your name, return shipping address, daytime telephone #, Fax, Email (as much contact information as possible), and a detailed description of the problems you are having with your equipment. As soon as it arrives, we'll take care of you as quickly as possible.

International customers should pay the shipping charge and then send us an email or letter with a copy of the shipping receipt so that we can properly credit you with the shipping charge. We WILL NOT reimburse for high-priority or "expedited" service. Regular Postal Air Mail is acceptable, but we won't reimburse for UPS, DHL, or similar shippers.

International customers should send their transmitter/module to:

Futaba Service Center USA
3002 N. Apollo Dr. Suite 1
Champaign IL 61822
USA

Also, International customers MUST include inside their box a photocopy of their original purchase invoice and a letter that explains that the items originally purchased from the U.S. are being returned to the U.S. for warranty repair service. This will avoid any customs charges or delays in the item passing through customs.

Sincerely,
John G.- PS9004
Product Support Lead Technician
Futaba Programming Technician
Great Planes Model Distributors
www.realflight.com
NO AUTORESPONDER

Detailed list of my problems, my problem is that I sent Futaba a email with my serial number and they emailed back that my radio was part of there recall and they would send me a shipping sticker and now all this. If your thinking about Futaba and your not in the US keep all this in mind. I replied back asking if the hobby shop would take this radio back and give me a new one or at least have them ship it back for me. Why does the customer have to do all the work for something that should have been fixed on the assembly line. This is my experience so far with Futaba and I am not very happy. Thanks for listening.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:56 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Canadian trying to send in 7C 2.4 for recall

The first RC radio I ever bought, when I switched from Control Line to RC, was a Futaba 6ch radio, in 1978. Since then, I have had a Conquest, Conquest PCM, T6XA, 7AUPS, 8AUPS, and 9CAP. I have only had to send one radio back for repair and that was the 8AUPS. The turnaround was timely.

I had a Campac 256K memory module in my 8AUPS and 9CAP. I would backup my Model Memories, from the Tx to the Campac, in case the Tx failed. It never did.

I Bought a used JR8103 and eventually, a JR XP9303. I liked the programming in the 9303, better than the 9CAP, and I missed the Campac memory module that I had in the 9CAP.

When Spektrum came out with the 2.4 RF module, for the XP9303, I bought one and started buying Spektrum Rx's. JR came out with a USB cable and software so I could copy all my model memories, from the Tx to the PC, edit them on the PC, Print them out, and copy them back to the TX.

Futaba FASST was not out by the time I sold my 9CAP and switched entirely to JR/Spektrum. I have the capability of PPM or PCM, on all 9 channels, and 2.4 on all 9 channels, as well. At the time, I could only get 8ch on PPM, 9ch on PCM, and 8ch, on 2.4, with the FASST module or the Spektrum module. The choice was obvious.

Futaba has very competitive stuff, now, but too late for me.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:11 PM
pilotpete2

While it's a little less convenient than for us in the states, they still are paying the freight, both ways
As to the line about a detailed description, well that's a blanket statement for any problem, just clearly state ZGUID problem.
I know it's a pain about losing your setups, but Futabas paying the freight both ways is better service than most offer.
Good luck getting your radio serviced.
Pete
Old 10-06-2008, 08:09 PM
DougV

By the way, I sent both of my 7C's and I didn't lose any of my settings because what they'll be doing is upgrading the firmware. However on the 6EX 2.4 they will replace the board so you will lose the settings.

Regards,
Doug.