Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Mid Range JR 2.4 Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Boet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Mid Range JR 2.4 Radio?

Hi

I have been using the JR x2610 6 channel computer radio for the past couple of years and really think it is a great radio. However I would like to upgrade to a 2.4. I have looked at the spektrum DX7 and it seems to be my exact casing with new innereds. I dont really want to buy the same radio again and I would prefer a JR (even though there is a clear link between Spektrum and JR). I have also looked at JR 9x but is both out of my price range and supurfulous for my needs.

Therefore what Im asking is, does anyone know of plans for a new JR 6/7 channel 2.4 radio?

Thanks

Old 10-19-2008, 12:50 PM
pilotpete2

Default RE: New Mid Range JR 2.4 Radio?

The DX7, while similar to your X2610 is not the same. The DX7 is based on the JR 7202 (US designation) and the actual transmitter, excluding the Spektrum RF section is still made by JR.
From what I know of the marketing relationship between Horizon/Spektrum and JR there never will be a 7 channel (or less) radio with the JR name on it.
The newer DX6i has no connection with JR at all. I would not be surprised at this point, that any new 7 channel Spektrum radio (after the DX7 se) will not be a JR based product, but that's just a guess on my part.
Pete
Old 10-25-2008, 05:16 AM
Boet

Thanks Pete, thats what I suspected! [&o]
Old 10-25-2008, 07:28 AM
togatoga
My Feedback: (42)

Just saw a JR ad in a japanese magazine. Apparently JR has released a new 2.4 mid range radio.- DSX7. looks good.
Looks like a dx7 in disguise though.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73121.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1058387  
Old 10-25-2008, 07:58 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: togatoga

Just saw a JR ad in a japanese magazine. Apparently JR has released a new 2.4 mid range radio.- DSX7. looks good.
Looks like a dx7 in disguise though.
Like putting stripes on a dog and calling it a tabbycat . likely a foreign (to USA )market thing