Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

MAN reports on Airtronics SD-10G 2.4Ghz radio system

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

MAN reports on Airtronics SD-10G 2.4Ghz radio system

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MAN reports on Airtronics SD-10G 2.4Ghz radio system

I love the SD-10G! For the price, there is no finer transmitter on the market!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:31 AM
rcbatteries
Banned

We are a professional manufacturer of RC battery. which is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the production of Ni-MH, Lithium polymer batteries , all kinds of extension cable and adapter .Our products are mainly used for toys, model aircrafts, ship models, nautical models, electric tools, military products, and other fields.

We measure the parameters of each cell precisely and try to make the targets of cells the same. These lengthen the cycle life of Power battery effectively. Besides, we use special technology in matching which reduce the internal impedance between cells and make the efficiency to the maximum. The battery can be also fit for the discharge of high-current. The products have gained a good reputation for its excellent quality and high performance in the relevant fields. Especially the newly launched Race Series <chmetcnv tcsc="0" numbertype="1" negative="False" hasspace="False" sourcevalue="35" unitname="C">35C</chmetcnv> Continuous Discharge Rate of high power lithium polymer batteries. Its introduction into the market has been widely recognized. Our products sales volumes are risen sharply.

Our company now launches the G4 packs, they are our latest products which have higher performance and more reasonable price. The G4 packs are made of a new Hybrid construction technology, super-fine substrate materials, and final cell matching process, which all guarantee you not only this superb performance, but also tightly balanced and long-lasting packs. The batteries can be safely charged up to <chmetcnv tcsc="0" numbertype="1" negative="False" hasspace="False" sourcevalue="5" unitname="C">5C</chmetcnv> rate, which means the charge will be completed in 20 minutes. They will be your best choice when you checked them out.

If you are interested we could sell them derict to you ,save trading and fast shipping!!For any inquiries please feel free to contact with me

Changchun Hobby-Tec Technology Co.,Ltd

Adds: 13# <place><city>Huiwen Road Nanguan District Changchun City Jilin Province</city> ,<country-region>China</country-region></place>

Telephone: +86-431-85367979

Fax:      +86-431-85369822

Website  : http://epbattery.en.alibaba.com

Skype on line epbatteryex

Msn [email protected]

Old 03-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Seems to me that any of the 'battery' issues are probably more related to the supplied charger. I've been using my 'smart' charger from day 1 with the stock battery and am satisfied with the amount of time it provides for flying and programming.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Pippin

...had anyone tried the new TRX charger?

I cycled the first two or three chareges with an old constant current charger with 1/10C. After that I switched to the supplied charger w/o any problem.

But it´s strange, w/o the charger (and maybe the old analog servo) issue(s) we would not have to talk much about the SD10.

Programming is simple, software and hardware features are above the competitors, FHSS seems to be the best on the market, recivers have the best voltage range down to 2v. What else? The sytems just works flawlessly. Boring, isn´t it?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Hauling-A
My Feedback: (7)

After reading earlyer posts, I didn't even bother to use the wall wart, I went straight to my multi Charger. The cells need to be formed and the wall charger obviously isn't up to the task. After forming the cells I had no trouble with the stock battery.

The Only Problem that I've had with my Airtronics SD-10G, is that the weather hasn't been good enough to take it out and go flying, BUT the weather is supposed to be good this Sat, so I'm hoping that the weather man isn't wrong.[sm=thumbup.gif]

Jim

Old 03-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Jetdesign

One thing I'm working on is finding the right feel to the throttle gimbal. I took out the part that makes it 'click' but don't like the feel or the tension without it.

What are you all doing for the throttle lever?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Slats!
My Feedback: (1)

Has anybody tried the extra springs that came with the radio yet??
Old 03-04-2010, 11:23 PM
CustomPC

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

One thing I'm working on is finding the right feel to the throttle gimbal. I took out the part that makes it 'click' but don't like the feel or the tension without it.

Hi Joe,

I had the same thing. If you take the ratchet away the smooth throttle is too loose even if the tension plate is fully tightened.

What i did was flip the ratchet tension plate upside down. This gives you a smooth throttle with the ability to achive more tension.

There is also a stick stop mod which shortens the throttle stick travel by 1 of the marked gradutions each side. All you need for this a old servo wheel and a couple of 2mm or 2-56 cap screws with a washer (or 2).

There's more info and pictures of the stick stops at H E L I F R E A K .com

Look for Finless Bobs Tech room and the thread on the SD-10G. Its somewhere around page 26 off memory.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:44 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

Joe I notch my throttle at the 3/4 mark open. I then set the curve on that point to make that my rolling speed. Yes I agree that the ratchet is weak. I actually took out the sping part that goes against the teeth and took a file to it to sharpen the point. Then I tightened up the tension to get a better feel.
Mike
Old 03-05-2010, 09:24 AM
faulknej
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Slats!

Mine didn't come with extra springs. Iwish I had them, my sticks are kind of soft.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:56 PM
aydin3

ORIGINAL: faulknej

Mine didn't come with extra springs. I wish I had them, my sticks are kind of soft.
call the customer service line and tell them and they should send you some...
Old 03-05-2010, 10:37 PM
F.Imbriaco
My Feedback: (56)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My one and only gripe after 5 months is that the TX battery connector is darn- near impossible to wiggle free. I trimmed it a bit, but it's still tight. Backup Eneloop connector is even worse.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Hauling-A
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: F.Imbriaco

My one and only gripe after 5 months is that the TX battery connector is darn- near impossible to wiggle free. I trimmed it a bit, but it's still tight. Backup Eneloop connector is even worse.

I had the same complaint about mine. I just knew that I was going to pull the wires out of the battery plug trying to un-plug it. So I plugged a 3" servo extension in to the battery port on the Tx. Then plugged the other end into the battery lead. Problem solved. Just be sure to observe the correct polarity on the servo extension when plugging it into the battery port on the TX and then into the battery.

Once the servo extension is plugged into the battery port, you don't have to mess with trying to get your battery un-plugged from the stubborn battery port on the Tx, Just un-plug it at the servo extension end.

Jim
Old 03-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Jetdesign

That's a good idea for a fix, although mine comes loose just fine.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:24 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Yes, I put mine in and it feels much better with them. Of course it sucks that I have to send the whole thing back since I get no range with the 7 channel RX.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Slats!

Thanks I tried them out and yes they do make a difference, feels great, I could never get the DX7 that I had to this level.

On the range check you know they were having issues with some of the smaller RXs, right? Its not really a problem you should probably ask before you send it back in. Slats
Old 03-16-2010, 09:41 AM
JeffH

Thanks I tried them out and yes they do make a difference, feels great, I could never get the DX7 that I had to this level.

On the range check you know they were having issues with some of the smaller RXs, right? Its not really a problem you should probably ask before you send it back in. Slats
Oh no, its a big problem. The plane locked into a roll at about 80mph 500 feet from me. I only get about 15 feet, not paces, until it goes beserk. I think it is a degrading problem. The more I did to it, the worse it got. I even took the Rx out and laid it on top of the plane away from all wires, esc, battery etc, still no luck. Tried different Rx batteries, 4.8 volt vs 6 volt, no change.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Garret H
My Feedback: (15)

I had the same problem on mine in both my Fliton Extra 260 with the 7-channel RX and my Lil' Banchee with the 6-channel RX. I only get approximately 15 paces on a range check before everything goes crazy. I tried moving the antennae around, pulled the RX out on top of the plane, everything...got the same result. I sent my radio back in and was told there was nothing wrong it. As I understood then, I guess some of the radios simply have a problem with the range check FH1 mode; they don't output the correct power, thus creating shorter range tests. I have now problem with the 10-channel RX...I get 85+ paces with it. But, I do not have any troubles in the air whatsoever with the other receivers. I simply treat the range as exponential: as long as get around 15 paces, I know I am fine. If I only get 5, I know there is most likely something blocking the signal. With the massive range of this system, I am not too worried!

It sounds like to me you have something blocking the signal at a certain orientation. At the point where the plane locked out, is there a battery or such lined up between the antennae and you?

Garret
Old 03-16-2010, 10:05 AM
JeffH

Actually in both lockout spots, the rx was in its best position to be 'seen' from where I was standing. If it was simply a range check problem, that would be tolerable. Although I don't like having an admitted problem with my new radio. Range checks along with control checks have saved many planes over the course of the years, lack of said checks has also destroyed many. When I get a lockout in the air, something is wrong. I don't even use a switch, I plug the battery straignt into an extension, and yes I even swapped that out. I am pulling almost no current. I am only running two JR 241 submicro servos. This plane had been flown many many times with a JR 10x/Spektrum 2.4 conversion with their AR500 full range Rx, which does not have satellites, just two longer coax antennas similar to ATX. I even rebound, to make sure to eliminate that issue as well.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Slats!

Yah that does not sound good.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Garret H

Yeah, I would send that one back for sure! That's too bad...
Old 03-16-2010, 11:51 AM
aydin3

Just seen the new SD-6g 6 channel; offering in RCME mag...looks neat it is meant to be compatible with the sd10-g for main channel buddy box I think. gonna find out more about it as it might be a nice cheap buddy box system for the SD10

Old 03-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Garret H

You mean the "SD-5G"? I did not hear they were coming out with a 6-channel TX...

Garret
Old 03-16-2010, 03:13 PM
aydin3

ORIGINAL: Garret H

You mean the "SD-5G"? I did not hear they were coming out with a 6-channel TX...

Garret
Nope i mean the SD-6g..it is out at the Nuremburg Fair...report and pix in RCM&E, just a small picture and about four lines on it....
Old 03-16-2010, 07:50 PM
N131GD

I have my had my SD-10G for a few months and have flown a test airplane with it with good sucess. I need to find out how to program the rotary switch, upper outer left corner for the proportional flap control. I have studied the book several times through and have almost made it work right. I put the 3 position switch in the no 1 position and I got rapid travel to half down before touching the rotary then proportional control for the second half of travel. I then dialed out the upper half of the travel so it works but is not right. I only have half the servo power , travel and resolution. Can anyone help or direct me.

Thanks, Duane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.