Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

MAN reports on Airtronics SD-10G 2.4Ghz radio system

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

MAN reports on Airtronics SD-10G 2.4Ghz radio system

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 10:05 PM
N131GD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MAN reports on Airtronics SD-10G 2.4Ghz radio system

Thank you Mike. I will call S.A.P.
Duane
Old 04-07-2010, 11:50 PM
crazy8s
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: theSteam

Hi Folks,
I am at a loss as to where to post my question. Since I have posted here before... and had good helpfull responces...

I bought an Easy Glider Pro. All servos came installed... I cannot for the life of me as a beginner with E-Flight, figure out how to mount the motor. So many parts, ZERO instruction. I searched this site top to bottom.

Where can I post my, ''How do I assemble the motor'' question to get a proper responce?

Thanks,

Douglas

P.S. New to forums as well as E-Flight.
This section is for radios. If you scroll down further in RCUniverse you will find an entire section that is titled for RC Airplanes and then after that you will find a section titled Electric Aircraft Universe and within it there are dozens upon dozens of threads to look at. Anyplace there should be able to help you out.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reviewing and spending much time with the Hitec A9 I began looking again at the SD-10G including visiting the airtronics.net website and Hobby People website. I am sure that I am joining this effort in the middle of the party but, it is hard to tell if the airtronics website is being constructed or being torn down with respect to the SD-10G it is worthless. The Hobby People website says to go to the airtronics website to download SD-10G software but I was not able to find it. I just finished rereading the SD-10G manual and it is certainly an extremely capable and flexible radio but I honestly can't tell if things are going downhill or going through growing pains on the way up. Can someone lend me a hand so that I can get on the right path or inform me where my observations are not correct. Thanks

Howard
Old 04-09-2010, 09:40 PM
MikeGreenshields

Yes, the website is still under development. Soon we will start updated content. It has simply taken longer than expected to build the infrastucture for it. Please call the 800 number if you have tech questions.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:03 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Has anybody else downloaded their models to their PC from their SD-10G?

Is there any way to read/edit those files? I didn't get an ap on the disk to do this.

How about FLASH updates? Anybody heard if anything is in the works?
Old 04-24-2010, 05:29 PM
theSteam

Hello,
I am setting up an Easy Glider Pro electric sailplane. I tried using the "Sailplane mode" to set it up. However, the thottle would not operate the motor. I am new to electric flight. I did switch the transmitter to "Aircraft mode" and verified the motor runs from the throttle but this takes away some of the programmable functions available in "Sailplane mode".
Under channel assignments in Sailplane mode channel 3 was listed as MT (motor).......

So,is there a wayto make the electric motor run from the throttle stick while using Sailplane mode?

Any help from anyone... as always to be appreciated and passed on.

Thanks,
Douglas
Old 04-24-2010, 08:22 PM
edulago

You can use the flap stick to operate the motor and use the VR assign menu to change the flap function to a VR slider...

Sometimes, for simple sailplanes, it´s easier to user aero mode...
Old 04-25-2010, 07:04 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

ORIGINAL: grotto2

Has anybody else downloaded their models to their PC from their SD-10G?

Is there any way to read/edit those files? I didn't get an ap on the disk to do this.

How about FLASH updates? Anybody heard if anything is in the works?
I've loaded the TX to the PC. It looks to me to be a data collector. I was hoping that I could program on the PC but no dice. Mike
Old 04-25-2010, 03:37 PM
theSteam

OK thanks for your help.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:03 PM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had my SD-10G now for over 9 months and and can't say enough good about it and how Airtronics is supporting us. We now have 4 10G's in our small club here in Oklahoma.

One of the problems I have had is remembering what I assigned to each switch (lots of switches!). I always put the basic stuff (Flaps and retracts) on the same switch but when I add some of customized programming the 10G allows I sometimes can't remember which switch I assign the function to. To help me keep the switches straight, I scanned the transmitter drawing from the manual, imported the image into my cad program, and then added switch labels to each switch. Here is how it came out. Now I just write in the functions on each switch and tape that to my flight log book.

If anyone wants a clean JPEG or cad copy shoot me a PM with your email address.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19347.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1426368  
Old 04-27-2010, 05:57 PM
wollins

ORIGINAL: gsmith6879

One of the problems I have had is remembering what I assigned to each switch (lots of switches!). I always put the basic stuff (Flaps and retracts) on the same switch but when I add some of customized programming the 10G allows I sometimes can't remember which switch I assign the function to.

I have the same problem! Please send me a JPEG ... PM sent.

Colin.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:43 AM
coupar

Had the radio a few months now - excellent. Love the switch flexibility.

I'm only working in Aero Mode. Cant figure out where S5 is? Also what do T5 and T6 do for me in Aero Mode? Can I select them anywhere? Anybody any ideas?
Old 05-01-2010, 06:53 PM
bigbuster
My Feedback: (12)

Got my 10g today and I have been playing with it, love the software. I did notice that mine does not have the antenne extension that I have seen on others. Who has the best price on recievers?
Anyone had any problems?

Have a nice day
Old 05-01-2010, 08:24 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: bigbuster

Got my 10g today and I have been playing with it, love the software. I did notice that mine does not have the antenne extension that I have seen on others. Who has the best price on recievers?
Anyone had any problems?

Have a nice day
Dynamic Balsa has 10G with two 10 channel recievers that he said that he'll part with for $450.00. I have two RDS8000s myself, otherwise I'd snag up on it.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:14 PM
MikeGreenshields

s1 through s5 are your stick switches. You can assign them to any function and any stick movement. the trims you mention are for heli only. in aero mode they do not do anything
Old 05-02-2010, 10:43 AM
coupar

Thanks Mike.......I must have a screw loose here or something. 5 switches but only 4 stick axis. Where is S5?
Old 05-02-2010, 10:38 PM
MikeGreenshields

It's not a matter of stick "axis". Each stick switch being used is a "position" on whatever stick, in whatever position, you want it to be.

If you need a more detailed explanation, call the 800 and let Jack walk you through it. If you've never used it before, it might need a more detailed explanation. I didn't get the concept the first time someone told me about it either.

For those customers with Airtronics technical and setup questions
Airtronics offers a toll-free help line.
You can reach an Airtronics expert at 1-800-262-1178 Monday through
Friday 12pm to 4pm Pacific Time.

Jack is there to help!

Mike
Old 05-03-2010, 06:41 PM
coupar

OK. Will do. At least I'm not a complete dummy....

Thanks!

.....great radio...
Old 05-07-2010, 09:31 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MikeGreenshields

s1 through s5 are your stick switches. You can assign them to any function and any stick movement. the trims you mention are for heli only. in aero mode they do not do anything
Mike,

I would love to see T5 and T6 be turned into real switches. They are in a great place for funciton like lights, canopy open/close, tail hooks etc. Could that be a possible software upgrade?
Old 05-07-2010, 12:00 PM
aydin3
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: JeffH

ORIGINAL: MikeGreenshields

Mike,

I would love to see T5 and T6 be turned into real switches. They are in a great place for funciton like lights, canopy open/close, tail hooks etc. Could that be a possible software upgrade?
I second that!!Great Idea!!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:02 AM
otrcman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wasn't there a discussion here of grinding away some of the plastic on the case for folks with small hands ? I seems to recall that subject but now can't find it.

I visited a Hobby Shack the other day and took the opportunity to hold the SD-10G transmitter. As I feared, my hands aren't large enough to easily move the sticks through their full travel.

Dick
Old 05-12-2010, 11:00 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Dick have you considered a transmitter tray? Mike
Old 05-12-2010, 08:52 PM
otrcman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: mups53

Dick have you considered a transmitter tray? Mike

Mike,

Thanks for your suggestion. I did try a tray years ago and found it to cumbersome and potentially dangerous when starting my planes. Guess 50 years of thumb flying is a hard habit to break, especially when there are lots of quite acceptable radios that are thin enough to fit my hands.

Dick
Old 05-13-2010, 11:12 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: otrcman

Thanks for your suggestion. I did try a tray years ago and found it to cumbersome and potentially dangerous when starting my planes. Guess 50 years of thumb flying is a hard habit to break, especially when there are lots of quite acceptable radios that are thin enough to fit my hands.

Dick
I was under the impression that most of the 9/10/12 channel radios out there all tended to be a bit bulkier than the 5/6/7/8 channel sport radios. I have held the Aurora 9 and I thought that was awfully well made from an ergonomic standpoint. The light weight and comfortable grip of the RDS8000 is one of the things I really like about it.

Is there another 9/10/12 channel radio you've held in your hands that you think is a better fit for you, otrcman?
Old 05-13-2010, 01:33 PM
MikeGreenshields

I am not a particular big guy (understatement..) I would not say my hands are very big. The only radio I was ever not able to hold right was the old Infinity 1000. I fly the SD10G (obviously) with no trouble. It took me about 30 minutes of flying to get used to it. I hold it a little differently I guess than I did some of the other radios, but have no trouble (or no more trouble than any other radio) moving the sticks through their entire travel.

Also note the switches are space differently ( a little farther apart) for those who fly with their 3rd and 4th fingers up around those switches (usually the thumb/finger together flyers do this).

No one radio is going to fit all hands, etc. But in my hands, which are on the smaller side, I don't have any problems.

-Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.