Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Something interchangable with the MikroDesigns SPF5-ESC?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Something interchangable with the MikroDesigns SPF5-ESC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 04:45 PM
newflyer100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something interchangable with the MikroDesigns SPF5-ESC?

Hi all...I have been looking for an afforably priced MikroDesigns SPF5-ESC (combo rx and esc at 4.5g weight) for an ornithopter I am flying. Size and weight would need to be extremely similar). Having a hard time locating one...the manufacturer website refers you to a supplier link that no longer works. if anyone is familier with this, do you know of another manufacturer, etc. that would be a good alternative for the MikroDesigns one (or knows where to get a MikroDesigns one at a reasonable price)? I am pasting the specs below, and if anyone knows of something else like it, I would appreciate any recommendations...thanks much!!!

A truly glitch-free and reliable receiver with Brushed Motor Speed Control!

And we mean it. Our new Digital Signal Analysis system picks even the faintest signals out of noisy environments, while maintaining amazing noise and adjacent channel rejection. The Mikro SPF-5-ESC FM receiver rivals the performance of some of the best dual conversion receivers, but in a small single-conversion size and price. And it's LITHIUM BATTERY FRIENDLY! You can set the Low Voltage Motor Cutoff for any one of 12 precision values!

Features Include:

Built-in SuperGFS! 20 Amp Brushed Motor Speed Control. Read about SuperGFS! features here.
True Digital Signal Analysis system provides smooth control, even at extreme range.
Programmable for channel 5 or 6 on the AUX pins!*.
Operates from 2.5 to 18 Volts. Can operate from a single lithium cell!
Digitally programmable for transmitter brand.
Automatic channel reordering and shift selection.
Now the plugs on your receiver are labeled Aileron, Elevator, and so forth. No more trying to remember channel order or worrying about setting up the proper shift - the SPF-5-ESC does it all for you!
Programmable elevon mixing capability.
Greatly simplifies setup on flying wings!
244 steps of ESC resolution!
Throttle steps so small you can't hear them!
Programmable ESC switching speed for best efficiency. Set for 2 or 16 KHz.

Throttle stick calibration feature.
Adjusts the throttle stick endpoints for maximum throttle accuracy and control.
Super small! 0.62 x 1.30 inches!
Super light! Only 4.5 grams!
Supplied with JST battery connector and programming jumper
Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2008, 12:18 AM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Something interchangable with the MikroDesigns SPF5-ESC?

Not sure if Mikro-Designs is actually producing product for them but only the receivers are now available at:

http://www.dream-flight.com/

There are other combo receiver/ESC units available but it has been a long time since I searched for one.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:54 AM
newflyer100

Thanks....I had originally tried that, but unfortunately, that site you mentioned that MikroDesigns refers to you is a non-working site...so you can't buy anything there. I'll keep checking back there tho' from time to time to see if they ever start selling again....
Old 12-30-2008, 09:08 PM
newflyer100

Got this message back from the site that MikroDesigns links you to to purchase the SPF-5 ESC....

I'm not aware of anyone else that is stocking this product... we have
no
plans to return it to inventory. I would suggest the Castle Creations

berg microstamp and pixie 7p esc as being a suitable alternative.

-Bill

Anyone have experience with these that could recommend one above the other...to use in conjunction with a Futaba-made 72 mhz transmitter?