Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hobbico Digital servos w/Futaba servo arms

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Planeclothes
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hobbico Digital servos w/Futaba servo arms

I recently bought 4 Hobbico CS-140's digital servos and was surprised to find out that only short servo arms were included. My other (analog) Hobbico servos like the CS-64 and CS-70 came with long servo arms. My biggest surprise was to find out that unlike the analogs, Hitec servo arms will not work with Hobbico digitals. I called Tower Hobbies and they told me I could use Dubro long servo arms for Futaba so I went to my LHS and bought some but I noticed the fit is not as tight as my other servos (mostly Hitec or made by Hitec). Has anyone experienced any problems with these Hobbico digitals/Dubro for Futaba servo arms combination?
Old 01-12-2009, 04:50 PM
CiprianGugu
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobbico Digital servos w/Futaba servo arms

Some Hobbico servos are made by Hitec and some are made by Futaba. Make sure you find out what exactly you have and use the appropriate arms, because some arms may fit, but will slip, and if that happens in the air, you know the end result. If you don't know who made the CS 140, count the splines on the output shaft. I don't know which one is which, but between Hitec and Futaba one has 24 splines, the other 25. So count the splines on both the arms and the shaft of the servo, and if the same, you are all set.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Planeclothes
My Feedback: (1)

Well, apparently not too many fliers are using Hobbico digital servos...[]
Old 01-18-2009, 06:04 PM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: Planeclothes
Well, apparently not too many fliers are using Hobbico digital servos..
Probably true.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:57 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Planeclothes I recently bought 4 Hobbico CS-140's digital servos and was surprised to find out that only short servo arms were included. My other (analog) Hobbico servos like the CS-64 and CS-70 came with long servo arms. My biggest surprise was to find out that unlike the analogs, Hitec servo arms will not work with Hobbico digitals. I called Tower Hobbies and they told me I could use Dubro long servo arms for Futaba so I went to my LHS and bought some but I noticed the fit is not as tight as my other servos (mostly Hitec or made by Hitec). Has anyone experienced any problems with these Hobbico digitals/Dubro for Futaba servo arms combination?
Servo - Horn arm Spline Count and Inter Brand Compatibility

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 09-12-2013, 05:18 PM
rmoose

im just going to use it for a choke servo had a jr 537 and it craped out . anyway thanks iv got plenty of arm's of both .