Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

ServoCity???

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 02:01 PM
DeadMeat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ServoCity???

I was just wondering if someone here has dealt with ServoCity in the past. I have placed a web order for a flightpack and some servos last Friday(3/15/02). It is now a week later and all I have sofar is the order confirmation. I sent an e-mail inquiring about my order status yesterday. No response yet. I am fixin' to pick up the phone and give them a call. What are your experiences with ServoCity?

Tom
Old 03-22-2002, 02:09 PM
Brian Smith
My Feedback: (117)

Default servo city

I have had nothing but outstanding service from SC .. I do call toll free on the phone and use a Visa card...Brian Smith
Old 03-22-2002, 05:46 PM
captnemo34
My Feedback: (1)

Default ServoCity???

I've also had exceptional service from them. When you call, ask for Brian Petty. He is owner/operator I believe and will do right by you I'm sure.

I've purchased over two dozen servos and four receivers from them on four different occasions. On the last one, I was sent a Futaba team hat as a thank-you.

I'm sure there is a honest reason why you have not received a reply, but I have always dealt with them via a phone call and bypassed the computer element.

Nothing to gain from the praise I give them, I'm just a very satisfied customer who will go back without a second thought!

Mark
Old 03-22-2002, 06:51 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ServoCity???

On Mark's recommendation I have placed a couple of orders with ServoCity and have had excellent results. I am a very satisifed customer and plan to continue buying my servos and receivers from them in the future.

Cheers!

Galen
Old 03-22-2002, 11:00 PM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ServoCity???

Ditto with the good service for me also.

Vince
Old 03-23-2002, 12:15 AM
toyking23
My Feedback: (4)

Default ServoCity???

I had the exact situation. I called and talked to Brian, he even remembered me calling and placing the order. He apologized for lossing the order, and I had my servos in 3 days. I will do buisness again.
Old 10-08-2002, 02:03 AM
flybyenite

Default Customer Service?

Yeah, Servocity has pretty good customer service, cause they're real small. I think there's like 4 people that work there. But why are they always losing orders? I've read here that they often send out free upgrades when an order can't be filled cause the part isn't in stock... But why are they advertising and selling items on their site if they don't have them in stock? I also read that a few people's credit cards were charged even though the items weren't in stock and they hadn't shipped. That's UNETHICAL! They said that they've had problems with their email system and inventory system and that they're integrating it all. The parent company (Brian Thomas Robotics) also said they'd have a new site up back in '01 http://www.seattlerobotics.org/encod...0/minutes.html and they keep saying they're going to make robotzone.com (since 99)... They do have pretty good prices and a lot of people seem to be happy with them, but they sure do say a lot of things that they don't follow through with.
Old 10-08-2002, 02:23 AM
rcflier_gi
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Customer Service?

Originally posted by flybyenite
Yeah, Servocity has pretty good customer service, cause they're real small. I think there's like 4 people that work there. But why are they always losing orders? I've read here that they often send out free upgrades when an order can't be filled cause the part isn't in stock... But why are they advertising and selling items on their site if they don't have them in stock? I also read that a few people's credit cards were charged even though the items weren't in stock and they hadn't shipped. That's UNETHICAL! They said that they've had problems with their email system and inventory system and that they're integrating it all. The parent company (Brian Thomas Robotics) also said they'd have a new site up back in '01 http://www.seattlerobotics.org/encod...0/minutes.html and they keep saying they're going to make robotzone.com (since 99)... They do have pretty good prices and a lot of people seem to be happy with them, but they sure do say a lot of things that they don't follow through with.
This guy signed up with RCU just so he could bash ServoCity. Check his first 5 posts.

Servocity has the best prices around, free shipping and all my orders arrived in two or three days.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:08 AM
Johng

Default Re: Re: Customer Service?

Originally posted by rcflier_gi

This guy signed up with RCU just so he could bash ServoCity. Check his first 5 posts.

No kidding, I've reported him to the moderators.

Flybynite, it's quite easy for anyone to search your posts and see what you are doing. This thread was dormant for 7 months until you registered here and immediately searched out threads about servocity so you could pile on. Definite_lack_of_class.

I've been a steady Hobbyhorse customer, but I'm tempted to put my next order in to servocity just to spite you.

If this is all you have to bring to RCU, go away.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:38 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Customer Service?

Originally posted by Johng

No kidding, I've reported him to the moderators.

Flybynite, it's quite easy for anyone to search your posts and see what you are doing. This thread was dormant for 7 months until you registered here and immediately searched out threads about servocity so you could pile on. Definite_lack_of_class.

I've been a steady Hobbyhorse customer, but I'm tempted to put my next order in to servocity just to spite you.

If this is all you have to bring to RCU, go away.

Oouuuccch ! You must be really hurting bad and limping by now flybyenight. Hard lesson for you to behave in RCU or anywhere else ! .............
Old 10-09-2002, 02:36 AM
Johng

Default Yeah

Yeah! Don't make me come over there! grrr.