Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Two servos on the rudder, one on each side?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 03:56 AM
IronZ
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two servos on the rudder, one on each side?

Hi all,
I have a Sig Sukhoi (or Suki as it's known around my house now, thanks Terry) and notice that it has a servo bay on each side of the fuse for the rudder. Can you put two of the same servo on opposite sides and not have them fighting each other? I'm thinking Hitec 645MG's. Would I be better off with a standard pull-pull system? Any info would be great!

Thanks,
IronZ
Old 06-08-2003, 05:29 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default TX

Guess it depends on the transmitter. It can be done. What do you have?
Old 06-08-2003, 02:00 PM
IronZ
My Feedback: (3)

I've got the 9CAP. I know I can "y" the servos or mix it with the radio. I just didn't know if you could actually put two servos opposite each other and have it work nice and smooth.

Thanks,
IronZ
Old 06-08-2003, 03:52 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

My 35% CAP 232 Is set up this way (as shown on the plans). Works fine - about 150 flights so far. Using JR ds 8411 servos.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:08 AM
Giant Scale

My 35% Giles is set up this way. I use two 5945's, one on each side. I used the hitec programmer to reverse one servo and also to match their output. Setup was very easy and the rudder has plenty of authority.

Would I be better off with a standard pull-pull system?
Depends on how the plane balances. If it is tail heavy pull-pull may be the way to go. I'd use one large servo such as the futaba 5050 or 5301,hitec 5735 or 805, even the jr 615 would work.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:26 AM
smitymax

The 9C has a mix already set up for dual servos on the elevator. I think its called elevon... you can set it up for elevator both halves move up and down together and you can also have them move opposite directions like the ailerons.. in conjunction with the actual ailerons. Just zero the aileron movement and get the right deflection directions on the elevator setup. I believe the manual has some directions on this setup.. I don't remember exactly but I think you use channels 7 & 8 for this. Of course you can always use a couple of mixing channels also and one servo to the other. It is a nice way to set up the elevator and easy using the elevon function.