Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9ZAP

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Captainbob
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9ZAP

Is there any way on the Futaba 9 ZAP that i can "park" a servo near its endpoint. I have a giant scale F4u1 with an operating tail hook. I'd like to park the tail hook servo at the end of it's travel when the gear is in the up position.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9ZAP

Just use a switch to operate the channel. One position is "up" and the other is "down"...or you can have one position be an "up" lock if you must manually set the hook in the up position, and then the other switch position releases it to fall to the "down" position.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Captainbob
My Feedback: (4)

Bax, thanks for your input. The way i've got it set up now: I have two conditions "land" and "fly", controlled by the gear sw. This regulates a number of other functions as well as hook control. The tail hook is on the trainer sw.. With the gear in the down position i can select tail hook up or tail hook down. With the gear in the up position i don't want the tail hook to operate at all, and thats the problem, how to position the servo to a "stow" position. a position of the servo that keeps the tail hook from causing feed back to the servo (when the tail wheel retracts the hook bumps into a bulkhead) with the gear up and the doors closed.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:19 AM
jerdavis
My Feedback: (3)

Here is a direction to think about,

In the "fly " condition, have the tailhook mixed to an unused channel with nulled controls.(null selected in FNC list). Set the mix% and EPA to park the tail hook where you want it.

If you need and extra proportional channel, you could use CH9 for landing gear and use CH5 for the dummy channel(the nulled channel).

Hope this helps

Jerry
Old 02-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You cannot have a servo "park". That is, hold position when it's connected to something without that something influencing the servo. If the hook can retract and put zero load on the servo, then the servo will hold its position using idle current, only. However, that would require some kind of locking mechanism. Otherwise, the servo would have to hold the hook in position, and that would cause the hook to constantly oppose the servo, causing a possibly high current load on the battery pack. This isn't much different from a control surface holding-in a significant amount of trim. The servo would be quite loaded when the stick is in the neutral position.