Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 09:47 AM
ohnoucdat
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Toddsmodels, I had ordered a few times from him, servos and few other items. This guy is good, he answers the phone himself, and will definately take care of you. I got mine shipped to my door at a very,very,very reasonable price,after talking with him. He also changed the price on his site, to $369 I think,don't hold me to that,but have a look,before that he was at $389 which was reasonable. I agree I saw a few on ebay,and even one on here in the for sale section, they were raping ppl,and I guess still are. Those are the dealers, and sellers I make sure to avoid, with future purchases. The highest price I've seen so far was $499. I went ahead and ordered,just to make sure I got the coupon for the rx deals. I also found of all places ebay, the module and 2-7CH rx deal, for a very good price. I picked up 2 sets. I'm going to order a couple more sets,when uncle sams return check gets here,come on check LOL. If hitec said that they will have enough for the bk orders,and to get some in the LHS, then thats good news for all. Later I'm sure I'll run into some set up questions and programming stuff, so far 3 planes set up, and not a single problem. This thing more or less walks you threw it step by step,all I can say so far is the radio is BAD AZZ Looks good,feels good, and easy to program, what else could you ask for? This along with Hitec's great customer service,and Mike on here helping everyone,this made my purchase, a very easy one. GL getting your unit

Edit- I sent Mike a pm asking if the 1.05,could be programmed with the HPP-22 to the 1.06 version. I would think it should be,but the HPP is due mid Feb also
Old 02-13-2010, 09:47 AM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would think that the ones shipping now would be ver. 1.06 if not I think you could do the upgrades with the HPP 22 programmer.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYPW6&P=7
Old 02-13-2010, 09:51 AM
udet1918

I placed my order with Tower 4 Dec 2009 availability says Mid Feb.

Ron
Old 02-13-2010, 11:29 AM
TMooreATX

ORIGINAL: zero244

Im a little surprised no serious flaw has been reported on this radio. I guess I shouldn't.....Hitec has been making RC systems for a long time. And they apparently have done enough R and D on this radio to avoid any major pitfalls.
The fact that they are new to 2.4 doesn't bother me at all. Everyone is somewhat new to 2.4.
What really impresses me about this radio is the programming. I find Futaba programming overly complicated with a lot of menu hopping to get something done.
I haven't used a JR but I suspect the A9 is better as well.
Unless there is some kind of major problem I will be ordering a A9 within the next couple of months.
Those of us who don't have one yet appreciate you guys who have plunged into the water.
Keep us posted on your progress and opinions.

Would 52ms latency and sequential transmission of the channels be a serious flaw?
Old 02-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Allie33

I placed my order 31 Dec. Tower still says mid Feb.for delivery. They must be getting one heck of a load to fill all the back orders that I think they have.

AW
Old 02-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Chancho

I’ve only been waiting since Nov 19, 2009 for the 9channel RX flavor.Ibelieve Mike is trying his best to keep the community updated with good intentions, but I just don’t think he has access or can share with the community how many units are being release when he gets a crate in from oversees?You would think that he’d be able to tell us, for example, “Hitec has 12,000 committed units on order from US hobby shops.We are processing a batch shipment through our quality control right now of 6,000 units for distribution to the US market on February 15<sup>th</sup>.”That is just not the case. The backordered Hitec community has no practical idea of when they can expect one of these units in their hands. To further frustrate things Tower Hobbies has no idea how many units they are expecting to receive in their next shipment. You would think a company that size would have a purchasing manager with the direct line to all vendors it represents and have a real time inventory management and tracking system?It would be nice if Tower could add the quantity on hand and show a negative number to reflect their back orders – like Hobby King does.They should offer more credible information before suckering in a customer tobackorder through them only to string them along for several months.That would probably be asking too much. Because I’ve called a few times and though they are always cheerful, their helpfulness is limited.I haven’t gotten any real answers from them in regards to where I stand in line, when they are actually getting a shipment and if so how many orders in the queue they expect to be filling. You think this information is a top military secret or something.If I would have known I’d be screwed around like this I would have ordered from one of the vendors with the jacked up prices that advertise immediately when they get a couple on hand.The extra $60-$100 for inflated retail prices and extra shipping fees would have been worth the aggravation of continually watching the ship dates being knocked back from Tower.Do you think that a guy who places an oder on Tower today, reading the "Estimated Mid February" date would get one in February?Of course not!This is deceptive advertising and missleading - shame on Tower.They need to put the date of when they project to fill all of their backordersin relation to the projected promised dates from their suppliers.We on backorder are all frustrated and I will think twice before backordering anything from Tower again.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Pit-Viper 1
My Feedback: (12)

What they need to do is extend the receiver deal another 2-3 months.[sm=idea.gif] Only fair since there aren't many radios around to cash in on it due to the lack of.. Probably knew this was going to happen and timed it so that the radios become available as the deal runs out, "genius", if I ever go into business I want to personally hire these guys to do advertising/sales for me. [sm=tongue_smile.gif]

Kidding aside, if you purchase the radio prior to 3/31/10 they should honor it. Most companies would, who knows maybe they are sitting on top of a reef right now..[sm=eek.gif][sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 02-13-2010, 12:35 PM
udet1918

ORIGINAL: Pit-Viper 1

What they need to do is extend the receiver deal another 2-3 months.[sm=idea.gif] Only fair since there aren't many radios around to cash in on it due to the lack of.. Probably knew this was going to happen and timed it so that the radios become available as the deal runs out, ''genius'', if I ever go into business I want to personally hire these guys to do advertising/sales for me. [sm=tongue_smile.gif]

Kidding aside, if you purchase the radio prior to 3/31/10 they should honor it. Most companies would, who knows maybe they are sitting on top of a reef right now..[sm=eek.gif][sm=biggrin.gif]
The question as to whether the receiver deal will be honored past the March 31 date has been asked repeatedly and has not as yet been answered???

Ron
Old 02-13-2010, 12:35 PM
AJsToyz

Shane,

Thats what the coupon says is purchases by, but Tower doesn't invoice until shipped. From what Mike was saying there should be plenty of radios to go around, I hope he's right. I think if something happened though Hitec would extend the offer, I hope !!

I'll be looking for the cargo ship sitting on a sand bar playing Jimmy Buffet tunes.

Andy
Old 02-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Pit-Viper 1

If you think about it though, they will need to produce almost 3X's as many receivers for every radio made if everyone cashes in. That's probably why it's taking so long to get them out, makes sense otherwise we would be complaining that we haven't gotten our receivers yet.. As someone mentioned before, this is a good way to avoid the "Ladotech syndrome"..
Old 02-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Pit-Viper 1

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

I'll be looking for the cargo ship sitting on a sand bar playing Jimmy Buffet tunes.

Andy
If that happens I will bring the steaks, a six pack and some classic vinyls and we'll have us a little search and recovery mission. You referring to pirate radio? If so that was an excellent show,very funny..[sm=lol.gif]

Shane
Old 02-13-2010, 01:08 PM
udet1918

I really do not have a problem with the wait however the receiver deal was a contributing factor in my decision to purchase the radio. I am sure it was a marketing technique by Hitec to give incentive to the consumer make the switch to the Aurora. To not honor the deal because of a delay beyond the consumers control would be wrong. I remind everyone the question has been asked and NOT answered.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:09 PM
89blackvert
My Feedback: (2)

I have a backorder in at Tower also... I ordered my on Nov. 27 and it says mid-Feb.  I will update when I receive mine.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:37 PM
rafr

It has been asked before, but does anyone if you can upgrade firmware version ie 1.05 to 1.06? What is the process to do this? Thanks
Old 02-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Minnreefer

ORIGINAL: TMooreATX

Would 52ms latency and sequential transmission of the channels be a serious flaw?
Could you give us some more information on that, either where you heard/ read about that? It is an interesting statement, but you need something to back it up.

Thanks

Jon

Old 02-13-2010, 02:14 PM
AJsToyz

I thought this was answered but maybe not. Yes, the user can upgrade the firmware using the HPP-22 programmer.

http://www.hitecrcd.com/tester/hpp-22_maulal.pdf
Old 02-13-2010, 02:33 PM
AJsToyz

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: daleflysrc

So tell us Mr. Hitec !! What date will Tower,Hobby People,TBM, Chief & all the other Mom & Pop Hobby shops recieve their Aurora 9s. I just recieved the Model Aviation today & TBM has the radio advertised for 399.00, but it can't be ordered or put on backorder !!! but you can waste your quarter on a phone call to them !! Towers web site , now says mid Feb. I am still waiting on a kit I ordered from Tower in 1983. Seems their was a lot of feel the waters out with the kit Mfg. before thay produced them !! What goes around !! comes around !! and us modelers just have to sit back and suffer !!
Aurora's are due in our facility on or around Feb 2nd. Then we will QC a certain percentage (standard procedure for a fairly new item) and ship them to the distributors and some assorted dealers. Most dealers (Ma & Pa) purchase through distributors so it takes them a little longer.

While Towers estimate of mid Feb is probably accurate, that does not mean if you order from them today you will get one then, especially considering how many back orders they are probably sitting on. I'd wait to see when the larger mail order shops show them as ''in stock'' or you may risk sitting in line with your money tied up as other have commented. If you monitor this forum there is no doubt that when they are in stock somewhere, someone will post about it.

It's tough... I know... I wish we could make them faster, but in reality the demand is just tremendous for this breakthrough product. I would encourage you to resist the temptation that... if I can't have it this instant, I'll find something else. Look at the comments of the users, this is no ordinary radio... It's a phenomenon the likes that I have never seen!

Stock availability will be better in March as we are expecting two more large shipments after this one. One problem though... once they show up at the field, they generate more orders!

Mike.
I think for the time this is the best answer we have. Like Mike did state when they start shipping you are more then likely to start getting more back orders.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:29 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

As mentioned... the date is not the cut off to redeem the coupon or purchase the radio. All that maters is the coupon... if the coupon is in the box, you get the deal.

Mike.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:33 PM
AJsToyz

Sweet !!

Thanks Mike !

Andy
Old 02-13-2010, 03:57 PM
ohnoucdat
My Feedback: (16)

Guys my faith in this radio,and the support you get with it, just keeps getting better. I sent a pm just a few hours ago, and already a response back,with my few questions answered,and on a Sat. no less. That's service and dedication, just like I've always received from Hitec. It makes an old NC boy feel all fuzzy LOL specially when he's snowed in "AGAIN" where the heck is spring?

AJsToyz
That last statement, is so true. One of these radios showed up at our field, it has now generated such a buzz, that there are now 4 of them at our field now, and a couple more that are on the back order list,so more of them coming. Several of these guys buying the A9 were die hard (other brand guys).This radio has brought some comedy to our club also,with the good natured ribbing about the (other brand guys) running each other over to get the new A9. Now my next request from Hitec is there anyway you can make spring get here NOW?
Old 02-13-2010, 04:05 PM
AJsToyz

I was hardcore brand X myself, then switched do to a couple of issues that I just didn't care for. I am not brand loyal any more, I am consumer loyal , and I feel Hitec is trying pretty hard and thats all you can do sometimes. I have favored Hitec servo's for a few years now but I do like 2.4 so a Hitec radio WAS ? out of the question.

Andy
Old 02-13-2010, 05:02 PM
jerryantczak
My Feedback: (1)

Mike,
  My question again.  Will Hitec extent the Mar 31 date for the coupons due to the long delays in shipping???
   Jerry
Old 02-13-2010, 05:17 PM
fredscz
My Feedback: (47)

Hi Jerry, Look at post #957. I believe that does answer your question.
Fred
Old 02-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Minnreefer

ORIGINAL: jerryantczak

Mike,
My question again. Will Hitec extent the Mar 31 date for the coupons due to the long delays in shipping???
Jerry
I can't answer for Mike, I am assuming (we all know what that means) that Hitec is believeing that they will be able to meet the demand by March 31st and maybe a little in there is a later, they will probably keep putting the coupons into the box until March 31 ship date. I have a feeling that if there is a huge demand around that date, they will keep doing it, but it is also a "black friday" type thing, where you need to commit early.

I am just hoping that I can find one when I have the money to spend on one, with out having to spend too much extra.

Jon
Old 02-13-2010, 06:08 PM
AJsToyz

I don't need 7 and 9 channels for all my stuff so I'm going to get a couple of 6 channel rx's , that helps out too.

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.