Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 12:01 AM
NUWildcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Compatibility

I am sure this is commonly known amongst most of you, but I am quite new to R/C and wondered if the servo itself is dependent on the shift of the receiver. If I have a futaba servo, say a S3003, can I plug it into a JR receiver, maybe an R700 without any problems? Also assume the connector was filed to fit. I do not own any futaba servos, but I have a couple R700's and want to know if servos that come with J connectors can be used on an R700, even if made by Hitec or GWS. And please no brand name wars . . . there are plenty of those threads already.

Thanks!

P.S. I have learned a lot from RC Universe, this is a great forum.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:18 AM
strato911

No - servo's are not affected by the frequency shift issue. They receive the signal AFTER the receiver has processed it to remove the carrier signal, and to split the PPM signal amongst the individual channels.

The only issues with using a different brand of sevo than the Rx is whether the plug fits, and if it is electrically compatible. Classic Airtronics plugs are wired differently then everyone else. Their new "Z-Plug" matches JR / Hitec plugs, using blue for the signal wire. To make a Futaba servo plug into JR/Hitec Rx you just cut off the tab, and shave the corners to match a JR/Hitec plug. JR/Hitec plugs fit Futaba without any modifications.

Old 06-13-2003, 12:19 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default YES

You can file the Futaba J plug to fit the Hitec S, Airtronics Z and JR all polaritys are now the same and Futabas is the only odd man out with that 'tab'.

An easier proposition however if you order the Hitec servos just specify for JR.

John
Old 06-13-2003, 12:46 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I use futaba, and hitec with JR rx's
Old 06-13-2003, 12:54 AM
NUWildcat

Sweet, thanks for the great responses and very fast too!

The reason I asked is sometimes one can come across some deals that are hard to pass up. I didn't know if I was limited to just JR/hitec(JR connector) servo equipment.

Thanks again!

UNWildcat