Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR radio Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 07:49 PM
ATVFMX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR radio Question

will a 6-channel JR XP652 transmitter work with a Futaba FP-R127DF receiver?????
thanks alot
Old 03-30-2009, 09:03 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR radio Question

A JR Tx will not work with a Futaba Rx. The opposite is true, as well. One uses Positive Shift and the other uses Negative Shift. There are 3rd party Rx's, like those from Hitec, that have AutoShift and will work with either Futaba or JR Tx's. When it comes to PCM, a Futaba PCM Rx will only work with a Futaba PCM Tx. I believe this is true for all mfg's PCM products.

The same is true for 2.4 Tx/Tx Modules/Rx mfg's.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:49 PM
ATVFMX

ok...good....thanks alot!!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:08 PM
BuschBarber

I should qualify my statement regarding 2.4 products. If your Tx is capable of using RF modules, such as the JR XP8103 or Futaba 9CAP, you can use the Spektrum 2.4 module in either mfg's Tx, but you must use the Spektrum Rx with it. If you use the Futaba FASST 2.4 module, then you would have to use a Futaba FASST Rx, and so on.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:54 AM
ATVFMX

ok...cool....thanks so much for your help[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-31-2009, 10:47 AM
AA5BY

ATV... lol... almost swatted that nat on my screen
Old 03-31-2009, 11:21 AM
ATVFMX

i know...lol...i almost did the first time i saw it too....
Old 04-09-2009, 04:06 PM
ATVFMX

anyone know where i can get a cheap charger for the JR XP652 transmitter???

thanks again
Old 04-09-2009, 04:45 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ATVFMX

anyone know where i can get a cheap charger for the JR XP652 transmitter???

thanks again
Just the TX? http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=JRPC223
Old 04-09-2009, 07:02 PM
ATVFMX

i was looking at that one but it has a 9.6v 1100mah ni-cd battery in it now....i bought the transmitter used
Old 04-10-2009, 01:45 PM
jaka

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi!
Then buy the 50mAh charger!
Old 04-10-2009, 05:12 PM
ATVFMX

this?????
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=JRPC222
Old 04-10-2009, 05:43 PM
BuschBarber

Nice Wall Wart charger!! Just like the one that comes with most radios.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:38 PM
ATVFMX

huh????
Old 04-10-2009, 08:47 PM
BuschBarber

The slang term for the Standard Wall Charger that comes with most RC Radios is know as a Wall Wart. I don't know who came up with the term, but I hear it used quite a bit.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:56 PM
ATVFMX

ok...lol...is that one that would work or is there a cheaper one??

thanks
Old 04-10-2009, 09:11 PM
BuschBarber

When Tx's only had 600mah batteries in them. These were the Standard chargers. They charged at 1/10th the rating of the battery, or 60mah.

Now, many people use these chargers as a safe way to charge Nicad and NiMh Tx and Rx batteries. NiMh batteries are many times sensitive to Fast Charging from some of the newer Automatic chargers and they erroneously trigger the charger to shut down well before the charge is done. It is referred to as False Peaking.

Using the Wall Wart type charger, it charges at a low rate for a long period of time (two days for a 2500mah battery), but it is difficult to Overcharge the battery.

I like using more modern chargers that can Cycle batteries and use technology that anticipates when the batteries are close to fully charged (Peak Detection) and switch to a Pulse Charge Mode (Off, On, Off). They also give you data on the status of the charge.

You can find the Wall Wart type chargers at RC Swap meets and Auctions, or even RC Trade Shows, for almost nothing. You could ask fellow RC Club members if they have any they don't want.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:15 PM
ATVFMX

yeah....i got the radio at a swap meet and thought i had a charger[:@]

thanks for the help...any that you would recommend then??
Old 04-10-2009, 09:32 PM
BuschBarber

I have good luck with the Triton charger. It will charge Nicad, NiMh, and Lithlium batteries.

For Lithium batteries, I prefer the FMA CellPro 4S, although FMA also has a MultiCharger that will charge all types of batteries.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:03 PM
ATVFMX

ok...i'll look at it...thanks
Old 04-11-2009, 01:14 PM
ATVFMX

i can get a good deal on this... http://www.duratrax.com/caraccys/dtxp4150.html ...would it work with a new connector???

thanks again!!
Old 04-11-2009, 01:33 PM
BuschBarber

It is limited to 6cell, 7cell, and 8cell NiCad and NiMh battery packs. Your Tx packs would be 8cell, but Rx packs are either 4cell or 5cell packs. It does not have the capability to Cycle batteries or vary the Charge Current. You need to be able to vary the Charge Current.

It is more designed for Quick Charging RC Car batteries..
Old 04-11-2009, 01:45 PM
ATVFMX

ok...thanks
Old 04-11-2009, 01:52 PM
ATVFMX

ok...thanks....i guess i'll just get the JR wall mart charger then cause i'm on a budget for now...lol
Old 04-11-2009, 02:21 PM
BuschBarber

If you want to just buy an inexpensive charger to get your equipment charged, there is nothing wrong with the Standard Wall Charger. It is important to buy an Expanded Scale Voltmeter (ESV), like the one from Hangar 9, so you can check your batteries Before and After each flight. 4.8v 4cell packs charge to 5.4v (sometimes higher). They usually do not drop more than .1v per flight depending upon the amount of time you fly, how you fly, and how many servos are in your aircraft. I will usually not fly if the battery voltage goes below 4.7v. The Triton charger, among others, can be plugged into your automobile power jack and used at the flying field. Many of my fellow flyers have purchased 12v Jump Start batteries from Harbor Freight or an Auto Parts store. You can use this battery to Jump Start your car because it comes with Jumper Cables attached. It also has a Power Jack, like you car does, so you can charge your RC batteries in the Pit area of your flying field.

If my batteries are fully charged, I will note the battery voltage before my first flight of the day and measure the voltage Before and After each flight. This will give you an idea of how long it takes your batteries to run down and how often you need to charge. If you use the Wall Charger, at home, check the battery voltage when it first comes of the charger and then an hour later when the voltage has stabilized. This will give you an idea of how your battery voltage behaves.

If you have a charger that Cycles batteries, you can set the Charge and Discharge rate, according to the manual, and then put the batteries through a Charge/Discharge cycle. The Charger will Charge the batteries and then Discharge them at a level similar to the load your Rx and Servos put on the battery. Usually this is between 350mah and 500mah. If the numbers seem low, Cycle the batteries again and see if you get higher numbers. I usually Cycle my batteries Once in the Winter and Once in the Spring. I only Cycle them in the summer if I think that I am losing Capacity.

The size of your Tx and Rx battery packs are important. Years ago, the Standard battery pack for Tx and Rx was 600Mah. This means that you can safely draw 600 milliamps for one hour. If your Trainer Plane had 4 analog servos and a 6ch Rx, you might be drawing 350mah, so you could easily fly for an hour and a half. As you batteries get older, you have more Cycles on them, and you get less flying time before you have to Recharge.

You can get 2500mah batteries for your Tx and 5000mah batteries for your Rx, if you wanted to. The size you get depends upon how much battery weight you want to carry and the price you want to pay. NiCad and MiMh batteries tend to Discharge over time, just sitting on the bench, so they need to be Recharged whether you fly or not. Lithium batteries are much Lighter and hold their charge for months. You can't use a Standard Wall Charger with Lithiums.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.