Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9CAP

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:36 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9CAP

I just stumbled across a Futaba 9CAP radio system for sale. What are the pros and cons of this system? I know this can't be compared to 2.4 systems, but how does it compare with other 72 MHz systems? Thanks, folks.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba 9CAP

Great radio! It can be converted to 2.4ghz with a TM-7 or TM-8 module.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got both the 9CAP and 9CAP Supper. The later has a couple more mix capibalities, but unless you are pushiing the limits, you wouldn't know the difference. The 10C is a followon to this series and all three share the plug in modules that can be any of the R/C bands, IE 35mhz, 72mhz 2.4, and the ham bands in the US, 52mhz I think they are. One Tx will work on all of the with different modles. Probably the most versitable TX on the market today. Well yesterday. The only complaint I have is cosmetic, the silver coverring on the face tends to bubble up and wrinkle. My 9C looks like an aligator skin.

Don
Old 04-09-2009, 01:49 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my 9CAP for a couple of years and then came across the JR XP9303.
The 9CAP has 8 proportional channels and a 9th channel that is only a switch and only works in PCM. If you add a 2.4 module, you only get 8 channels.
The 9303 has 9 proportional channels. You can buy the cheaper 9ch PPM Rx and still have 9 proportional channels. The 9303 has Flaps on a Switch, by default. The 9303 has Flight Modes which you can put on a 3 position switch and vary all the parameters in a Model Memory, for each of the 3 Flight Modes. You can obtain a Spektrum 2.4 RF module and still have 9 proportional channels on both 72Mhz and 2.4.

If you opt for the JR X9303 2.4, you can't switch to 72Mhz, but you get all the other features of the XP9303, plus, you get Model Match and Servo Sync. Model Match means you cannot use the wrong Model Memory, by accident, because when you Bind a Model Memory to an Rx, it will not work with another Rx. The X9303 is faster than the XP9303 because among other things, it has less Latency.

I think for a 9 channel radio, the 9303 blows away the 9CAP, but if you get a good price, the 9CAP is still a good radio
Old 04-09-2009, 03:29 PM
carrellh

As already written, the 9C is a very good transmitter. Whether it is a good choice FOR YOU is a decision only you can make.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:03 PM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

The only complaint I have is cosmetic, the silver coverring on the face tends to bubble up and wrinkle. My 9C looks like an aligator skin.
Really! "Futaba" says they never heard of it.....(mine too!)
Old 04-10-2009, 09:45 AM
huggins

ORIGINAL: tande

The only complaint I have is cosmetic, the silver coverring on the face tends to bubble up and wrinkle. My 9C looks like an aligator skin.
Really! "Futaba" says they never heard of it.....(mine too!)
I sent my 5+ year old 9C to Hobby Services for a repair and they replaced the "chrome" trim at no charge. I didn't even ask about it, they just did it. [8D] Ok by me.

In regards to the original question, as others have mentioned, the 9C is great. I have been completely happy with mine, which I purchased shortly after they came out (2002?) It is easy to program and has all of the features that will keep all but the best happy.