Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 08:05 PM
Bacchuss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Batteries

My radio has a light on it that blinks when the batteries start losing their power. But how do you know when your servo batteries are dieing? what are the warning signs?
Old 06-16-2003, 08:20 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Servo Batteries

The only way to know is to check them before every flight with an ESV that places a load on the batteries.

John
Old 06-16-2003, 11:58 PM
Ernie Misner

Default Servo Batteries

Greetings!

If you are fairly new to this sport it pays to experiment and take notes of almost everything for a while. For example, charge both tx and rx up fully and turn them both on while at home for the afternoon. Wiggle the sticks to exercise the servos and use current from time to time. When the control surfaces begain to twitch and go dead take a look at the clock and see whether the rx or tx died first. Of course you would not get as long at the field (from the rx battery) if you were exercising the servos more than you did at home.

Best of luck,

Ernie
Old 06-17-2003, 01:09 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default Servo Batteries

Get an on-board voltage monitor