Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 4YF transmitter mhz

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 04:09 AM
perron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 4YF transmitter mhz

hello everyone, what i need to know is i have a baitboat (used for fishing) and i broke the Futaba 4YF transmitter on it, it had a chip in it that said 40mhz, so i assume thats what it ran on. i have found another Futaba 4YF transmitter but it has a 35mhz chip in it, if i changed the chip to my old 40mhz chip would it work or is the transmitter a 35mhz and cant be changed?

thankyou, perron
Old 04-28-2009, 08:42 AM
crossman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 4YF transmitter mhz

I am assuming that the chip you refer to is the crystal. If that is the case, then changing it will only shift you to another part of the 35mhz band, not into the 40mhz range. Your easiest solution may be to find a receiver that can be matched to the working radio.

Also, in the US, there are legal issues about changing the frequency of a transmitter. I see that you are in the UK, I don't know if that's the case there or not. It would be worth looking into.