Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Range Checking

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 11:10 AM
glide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range Checking

I am a new member to this forum and to the hobby. I have pulled bundles of excellent information off of this forum thanks to you guys. The one thing I can't seem to find (did search) is the proper way to range check your airplane. It doesn't say in my manual for the plane or transmitter. Could someone please tell me or point me to a place where it explains this. Thanks...

- Brian
Old 06-18-2003, 11:39 AM
Oily

Default Range Checking

I was wondering the same thing until I found this yesterday...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...ht=range+check

hth

Oily..
Old 06-18-2003, 11:53 AM
glide

Default Range Checking

thanks for the link, but how do you actually check the range? do you start the engine and walk to a certain point with the antenna collapsed? and how far before if fails is an acceptable distance?
Old 06-18-2003, 02:04 PM
strato911

Default Range Checking

That's correct. There are various opinions of what the minimum distance should be, but most people agree on 100 feet. That's Futaba's opinion as well. They have written an excelent guide for range checking in their FAQ's, including a few things to check if you don't achieve 100 feet during your range check.

http://www.futabarc.com/faq/faq-q331.html

Reminder - have someone hold the plane while performing the engine running range check, or secure it well enough to hold the plane at full throttle.