Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servicing an older Futaba radio in California?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 01:12 AM
hsanchez
My Feedback: (46)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servicing an older Futaba radio in California?

Good Evening. I have an older Futaba radio system (FP-6NPK) 6-channel PCM radio, built in 1992 but first used in 2004, which was in a crash today. I suspect that there was a radio "glitch", because I suddenly lost control of the plane. When I tried to give it right aileron, it began spiraling out of control. It wouldn't even respond to me pulling back on the throttle, and the plane began menadering beyond my range. Needless to say, the plane was totaled.

I am looking for a good repair shop to check out the radio system for me. I have heard of Radio South, but that is all the way across the country for me, and was wondering if anyone out there knows of a good shop out here in California I could send it to? Please advise.

Thanks,
Harry Sanchez
[email protected]

Old 05-17-2009, 10:14 AM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

Default RE: Servicing an older Futaba radio in California?

Distance and shipping costs are a consideration, but remember that for any brand of equipment, the most experienced technicians - and service parts, are with the primary supplier, in Futaba's case, Hobbico/Tower in Illinois.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:38 AM
redfox435cat

Default RE: Servicing an older Futaba radio in California?

The only people I know of that works on any rc system is hobby services in Champain Il. Hobby Services