Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 7C problem - Idle-Ups and D/R's

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 07:16 AM
CloudSkipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 7C problem - Idle-Ups and D/R's

Hi,
On my Futaba 7C, throttle/pitch curves don't change in response to the 3-position switch (I did change both idle-up's from "INH" ... that's not the reason). Say for example, I change the switch position to idle-up 2. Then I make a pitch or throttle curve change for that position, the change copies to Normal, idle1 and idle2 positions I can see on the screen the display changing from "N" to "1" to "2" when I toggle the switch but it seems to have no other effect.

Also similar thing with dual rates. If I make for example a change to the expo percentage, it copies to BOTH switch positions.

I do not have the above dual rates problem in airplane mode... it ONLY happens in Heli (H3) mode. I've never noticed any problems with this TX in airplane mode. The heli mode though appears to be messed up. I have flown a heli with it many times though in normal mode. I just noticed these issues when I started trying to program in idle-up modes.

Is my TX flawed or is there some other mode that needs to be activated?? Again: I DID change both idle-ups from "INH"... they should be memorizing curve values indiviually, but they do not. So I can only have one throttle and pitch curve on my TX for some reason.

Thanks

ed: My TX is a 2.4 Ghz Futaba 7C.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:07 AM
CloudSkipper

Default RE: Futaba 7C problem - Idle-Ups and D/R's

Quoting myself....
ORIGINAL: CloudSkipper

Hi,
On my Futaba 7C, throttle/pitch curves don't change in response to the 3-position switch (I did change both idle-up's from "INH" ... that's not the reason). Say for example, I change the switch position to idle-up 2. Then I make a pitch or throttle curve change for that position, the change copies to Normal, idle1 and idle2 positions I can see on the screen the display changing from "N" to "1" to "2" when I toggle the switch but it seems to have no other effect.
As often happens I finally figured out the issue some time after asking about it (at least the throttle/pitch curve part). I finally saw that you need to move the pointer (or cursor) up to the line that says "N (N)" and change the first "N" to 1 or 2. Flipping the 3-position switch has no effect on which one is being set via the menu. The "N" or "1" within the paranthesis just shows the physical switch position FYI but not which one is being set. The manual says nothing about this aspect of it.

So ok I can set different throttle/pitch curve conditions now. Yay.

But I still am not able to set different switchable D/R's in heli mode (it has always worked in airplane mode though).

But half of my question is sorted now.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:42 PM
CloudSkipper

Again quoting myself....
ORIGINAL: CloudSkipper
But I still am not able to set different switchable D/R's in heli mode (it has always worked in airplane mode though).
I just did more some programming with the TX and I just noticed that setting dual rates in Heli mode is accomplished similarly to how you set different curves. In other words, flipping the assigned switch has no effect on which condition is being set in the menu (unlike how it works in airplane mode). I haven't been able to verify that yet by seeing if the expo actually changes when the switch is flipped, but looks very much like that is how that works.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:00 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Yep, you beat me to it.  Though my first instinct on the curves was that they were INHibited, thats what gets most people.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:04 PM
CloudSkipper

Yeah I had the "INH" status off from the start. As a side note the "INH" setting is tucked away at the bottom of the advanced thr curve menu. Can be a bit of a mystery to find it.

About the way curves are set. It makes sense I guess since if the heli is powered up, then you don't need to activate the mode with the switch to edit it.