Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

12FG and crow mode

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12FG and crow mode

How is this done? I have all 4 servo's on seperate channels but am confused with the mixing in this. Anyone shed some light on this for me?

Kevin
Old 07-15-2009, 08:29 AM
beto9
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 12FG and crow mode

In a nutshell, use the flaperon (camber) function to move your ailerons up.
Or assign your ailerons to airbrake....
I assume that you already have the flaps functioning well (Look at the flps function)

Do not forget to mix elevator when you deploy crow....
Old 07-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Assign any of the "VC" channels to "Camber" in the Function section of the Linkage Menu. Go into the Model Menu and turn on the Camber Mix. Adjust the ailerons, flaps, and elevators to the positions you want them to move to when you move the control for Camber. You can have flaps, flaperons, crow, whatevery you desire. If you have set up some conditions, you just need to set each setup in the Camber Mix to "Single". This will make sure that the Camber Mix settings are unique to each conditions. If you want the Camber Mix to be global, across the conditions, then leave it set to "Group".
Old 07-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Mr. Mugen

Thanks guys! Well I had a run of bad luck while programming it. The S1 button is stuck. Not sure why. I am gentle while pushing it...

Just got back from Fed Ex. Insured package on it's way to hobby services. I iincluded the rx since it will not retain channel memory. Now 75% of my planes are grounded.....bummed. Good thing I have 3 7c's still. WIll be setting up planes like mad so I can still attend the fly-ins with planes.

Another wierd thing happened while programming for crow. I switched the wing type from 1 ail to 2 ail and it dumped all the rest of the info on the plane I set up already. Is this normal?

Kevin
Old 07-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When you change the airplane type, wing type, or tail type, the system is programmed to "believe" you're doing a new model, so all of the settings are set back to defaults.

For "Crow" mixing, you'd want to have the wing type as "2 Aileron + 1 Flap" or "2 Aileron + 2 Flap" as the minimum.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Mr. Mugen

Thanks Bax. I had a feeling that was the case. All good since the old programming was wrong for crow anyway. I did copy all the models onto a sd card so it shoudl still be on there if I decide not to. I watched a video of someone doing a dive with crow on and it made me put my wing on and start messing around. Now I just hope the radio makes it back in a timely manner. This is my first time sending a radio in.

Kevin