Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio glitch ch41

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 03:22 AM
onewinglow
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio glitch ch41

I am flying a Areoworks edge and seem to get a radio glitch in one spot of the field. using two hitec digital servos in the elevators, 4.8v 1830 nimh battery with a cermark heavy duty switch. This also has pull pull rudder contol. I was told that ch41 72mhz was the problem. Anybody else had this problem, I had the rx checked by futaba and they said there was nothing wrong this is a 148df.
The glitch is just enough to make the plane shake and only happens and certain altitude, but is always in the same place.
Any comments??
Thanks
Scott
Old 03-28-2002, 04:29 AM
RC Pilot56
My Feedback: (4)

ch 41 may give you trouble at your field where ch 22 might give me trouble at my field. In most every case that I've witnessed at hit or as you called it a glitch, the engine will also be affected by revving up several times until the plane flys thru the glitch. It will also affect the elevator. What a sick feeling! I don't fool with futaba for checking radio equiptment. I send my receivers to Radio South in Pensacola, Fl. They have an add in the
Model Aviation book each month. Pg. 162 in the May 2002 issue.
Not only are the thorough but reasonable with their prices and turnaround time is usally a week to ten days. A friend of mine went through Futaba and they told him his receiver that was on ch 32 was fine, charged him 55.00 to tell him that, and the third or forth flight he got hit and lost his plane, not to mention he waited 6 weeks to get it back so he could crash and burn. If you bring in your equiptment in person to Radio South they will usally have it ready to go in an hour or so. It is also good to call and see how busy they are first.
Old 03-28-2002, 06:05 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My only comment is maybe ch41 at your field as mentioned, but DO NOT FLY AGAIN UNTIL YOU CHANGE things. You are risking too much. The next effect might be just a little more serious and that's all she wrote.
Work with someone with different receiver and transmitter and check it out.
Old 03-28-2002, 06:56 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

I was having glitches on 41 at one field I use to fly on and it drove me nuts till I found the source. There's some elevated railroad tracks behind us and that's the location where they sent the radio signal down the track to activate the gates a few miles away. It seems their signal was so close to 41 that it would glitch me everytime, but only on the one channel. Had the plane idleing on the bench and luckily I had a friend holding it when a train went by, throttle went to full for a second and then back to idle. If I was flying and saw a train coming I would grab for a lot of sky and 90% of time I would get a quick hit. Look around your field and try and see if anything is around that could cause your problem. Just a thought.
Old 03-29-2002, 01:21 AM
RC Pilot56
My Feedback: (4)

We have a hunting club near our field and I was told that they are using R/C equiptment to help in the training process of their beagles. I just can't imagine how this is done. Anybody else ever here of this. If so please elaborate.
Old 03-29-2002, 02:55 AM
Robert Bauer

Default Close frequencies

It is true some industrial and utilities have equipment and radios that are spaced in between some of our frequencies and can cause hits. They are not however on the same frequencies but between some of them. I had a site that listed the frequencies by zip code but lost it. Perhaps someone will share this info with us again.
Old 03-29-2002, 03:21 AM
onewinglow

I would like to know if there is a web site that has the fequencies that some of the companys are using, But as far as I know there is no crane activity around. we are about 5 miles out of town but in the area of airport activity. But this problem seems only to be in the spring of the year, I took a hit last year about this time and lost my Super hotts. but I was so low that I didn't have time to react.
Thanks for the info.
Scott